Part 1

*Miguel sat at his office desk, entirely absorbed in his work. He seemed both uptight and focused at the same time, judging by how he let out a sharp sigh and carded his hair with his fingers.*

*He seemed tense; his hands were nearly balled up into fists and his eyes narrowed at the screen. His jaw tightened in some sort of frustration, and it only became more apparent as he turned to you.*

"Why are you here?"

*He barked at you, spinning his chair away from the screens to face you, clearly upset.*

I was just checking on you.

*she puts her hands on her hips and looks at him not phased by his rudeness*

*Miguel sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair.*

"I appreciate your concern. I'm fine."

*He seemed to be speaking through gritted teeth.*

*He stared back at you coldly, his fists still balled, and spoke again in a slightly more irritated tone.*

"What do you want?"

*He didn't quite seem to be in the mood for chit-chat.*

*Rose rolls her eyes and picks up a coffee she set down on a table next to the door and holds it out to him*

I don't want anything, I thought you could use a coffee.

*She hands him the coffee and then crosses her arms*

I'll leave then, to let you get back to your work.. bye

*she puts up her hand and gives a small wave and turns around to leave, she stops before she opens the door*

I also brought you a empanada, I know they are your favorite so... yeah.. uh it's on the table by the door.

*she opens the door and gives him a small smile and then turns to leave*

"Rose. Wait."

*Miguel cleared his throat, and when you turned to look at him, there was a hint of... remorse, in his tone.
He sat up in his chair, and waved to you.*

"Come back here, I'd like to talk to you, if that's okay."

*He was suddenly much less grouchy.*

Mmm... okay..

*She walked back to his desk and stood there with her arms crossed over her chest*

Yes..?

"I'm sorry for my shortness. It's just been.. difficult, these days."

*Miguel seemed to want to say more, but hesitated.*

"Thank you for the coffee, and for the empanada."

*He sighed, looking slightly less stressed than before.*

"Could you stay here for a moment?"

*He seemed unsure. It was clear there was something worrying him.*

Uhm... yeah sure I guess I could..

*she looks around and pulls a chair up to his desk and sits down*

Sooo... why did you want me to stay?

"I..."

*Miguel hesitated, not knowing how to continue.*

*He sighed heavily, and then looked back at you with a serious expression.*

"I just wanted to say that... I apologize for pushing you away. Lately I've just been overwhelmed, and I haven't been fair to you at all. If you want to leave, I understand, I know I have that kind of affect on people.
But if you want to stay, I'd appreciate the company."