Chapter One

(Zhang Hao, Chen Kuanjui, and Cai Jinxin are all the same age born in 2000.)

It's unusually quiet in the Yuehua dorm, everybody has either gone home or to Gyuvin's friend's birthday party, and they will be staying at Gyuvin's house afterwards. They were given this week off to relax before they go through the gruesome refining of their audition practice for the last 2 weeks before they move to Boys planet dorms, getting them one step closer to their dreams. Zhang Hao is left alone in this cold dorm. He was planning on watching some k-dramas to pass the time, but Chen Kuanjui and Cai Jinxin had other plans. He still doesn't know why he agreed to go along with their plan, but here he is getting ready to go to a party.

"I can't go. I don't want my face on some tabloids before I even get to planet camp. Why don't you guys come here to my dorm since I am left by myself, we'll drink and chill instead." He had tried to refuse.

"Come on! We've done that so many times, we need a change of scenery. You know, once our names are associated with that survival show, we won't get to go anywhere freely or be able to get laid for that matter." Kuanjui said with a smirk.

"I don't need to get laid, I'm fine being celibate. You guys can go ahead without me. Who's party is it anyway?" Asking that question was the biggest mistake he could have done in this situation because it only gave them an idea that he was interested even if it was a little bit. According to Kuanjui and Jinxin, this was some LGBTQ+ underground party where kpop trainees and some not-so-popular debuted idols attend to have fun - get laid - and there is no way of being found out since everyone attending doesn't want to be found out either. He was now having one last look in the mirror at his outfit when Kuanjui called to say they were downstairs.

The drive to Gangnam felt so short, his thoughts were still jumbled when their ride came to a stop. The apartment complex was very fancy. Hao could not believe they were at the right place. "Are you sure this is the right place?" He asked. "Trust me, I've been to one of these parties before." Jinxin reassures. Hao can't help his curiosity, looking at Kuanjui to find out if he's also been to these parties. "Yeah, I've also gone with him a couple of times, they are always hosted by some rich kids." Kuanjui says.

"So what names are you guys going by tonight?" Jinxin asks. "Jackson." Hao says, because that makes sense. He for sure isn't telling none of those people his real name. He even has a cap on to hide his face a bit. "As in Jackson Wang?" Kuanjui gives him a questioning look."Then I'll be Mark." "What? Should I be Bambam then?" Jinxin asks. They all laugh.

"OK, OK! I'll go by Yŭxuān, no one will remember it." Hao says. "Smart, I'll go by Lucas. It's simple so I won't forget it, I need to remember it as the night goes on." Kuanjui says. "OK, I'll be Tao. Remember, they will body search you and safe keep your phones and no smart watches allowed either."

The guy that opened the door looked around their age, but he was stern about this whole thing, which made Hao feel a little bit at ease about his anonymity. He gave Jinxin a look, which prompted him to give his name, then Kuanjui's, then he pointed at Hao and gave his name for the night. The guy's eyes lingered on Hao, they made eye contact for a brief moment before he redirected his gaze at Jinxin as if questioning something.

Hao was wearing all black; cargo pants, black t-shirt tugged in and a light bomber jacket on top. He thought maybe it's how he's dressed that's making the guy question him.

"No under aged people allowed here, you know this." The guy said to Jinxin.

They know each other? How often does Jinxin attend these parties? Hao thought to himself.

"He is my age, trust me, he's even a few months older than me" Jinxin defends. The guy takes one last look at Hao then nods at Jinxin. He lets them in and introduces himself as Jimin.