prologue 

3rd pov

All the ghosts crowded around the table listening to mr. jingles tell the story of his mother. " does anyone know where my mother  is now?" he asks quite desperately, they all share a look, Xavier goes to open his mouth but a soft voice interrupts him " i can take you, i've been meaning to give these to her" said a young girl in hippie clothing holding a bundle of lavender. " who the fuck are you" Montana exclaimed, "Marcella" she smiled softly at Montana.

Chet interrupted " How come we've never seen you before?" she smiled at him and he felt his heart flutter, " i've been with the children."
" Wait what children!?" Mr.jingles exclaimed , she felt her smile fall " you don't think Margaret only killed the counselors do you?" she answered the best she could, everyone gave her a dumbfounded look. " Come with me." she softly whispered while nodding her head behind her and turning around, walking back to the camp, they followed her until they got to a cabin they had never seen before, she knocked 3 specific times on the door, with everyone watching her 3 knocks came back from inside, they could then hear the lock click open.

As she opened the door she paused and gestured for them to wait outside, she walked in leaving the door cracked open but they could still hear perfectly " Hello little ones" she said in a soft tone before she continued " i have some people i want you to meet. " but before she could make a move towards the door a scared little voice stopped her " are they nice?"
" yes mia, they are" she continued to the door opening it and stepping out, she harshly whispered " if you have any weapons they are to be left outside." once they had put them all down and followed her in side they could see more than 15 children spread out around the room each with weary looks on their faces.

A little girl in a pink night gown came up from behind Marcella and rested the side of her head on the older girls hip and asked in a small voice " are you going to hurt us too?" while clutching marcella's skirt, Marcella clasped her eyes shut with a look a agony, Montana kneeled down with a soft look on her face that her friends had never seen before " no honey, we not gonna hurt you." she said and a bright smile appeared on the little girls face as she released her hold on marcella and stepped forward and leaned towards montana's face " can i tell you something?" she softly whispered to the woman who nodded " i like your hair" she whispered with a tiny giggle and montana whispered back " i like your night gown" . The little girl grabbed montana's hand and pulled her to color with the other kids.

marcella watched with a soft smile, feeling someone's eyes on her she turned to face the group and gestured to the door, they stepped out leaving the door open letting the kids know that they were not leaving. " How long have they been here?" Xavier had asked his eyes still on the kids, Marcella had turned her head to look at them while answering " some came during the camp massacre in the 70's, others came while camping close by" she paused looking at all the children before walking in and say goodbye to them, she told them to lock the door behind her, after walking out she turned to mr.jingles with a soft look " come now i'll take you to your mother" before interlacing their arms.

They came up to a small run down cabin, walking up to the door marcella called out " Mrs.Ritcher, i have your lavender" through the other side of the door the older woman could be heard saying " come in dear" walking in marcella gestured for the large man to stay where he stood.

"Here Mrs.Richer" Marcella says as she hands the widow the bundle " there's someone here to see you" Marcella continued as the large man walked in " cella dear, would you mind leaving us" the old woman said staring at the large man "oh yes of course" she replied and left.

Walking back to the camp she comes back to the table marcella comes across all the ghosts sitting silently at the table in which she found them, staring at her " how long have you been here, and how come none of us have ever seen you before?" Chet asked her, she took a deep breath before taking a step forward and gesturing to the table "may i sit?" she asked while looking at everyone, most nodded or just stared at her.

Marcella looked at all of them before telling her story " i've been here since the 60's, my mother had heard about spahn ranch and the man that ran it, she wanted to go and my father gave her what she wanted so we packed everything and went there. We lived comfortably as one could in a cult but one night charles saw what i could do." xavier interrupted " what do you mean, what you could do?" marcella rested her hands on the table and asked him " what's your favorite flower?" confused xavier answered her with "roses" and just like that marcella cupped her hands and rose grew from where her hands joined together, she pulled them apart and the rose fell to the table, picking it up, she handed it to xavier who stared at it dumbfounded before she continued
" he saw me doing one of my spells to bless the land and he convinced my mother that i was trying to shut the ranch down and that i needed to go away and never come back but she knew i could never leave my little brother, matthew, so a week later she woke me up in the middle of the night, got me to get in the car and just drove, i think we drove for at least 2 hours before she pulled over and started walking into the woods, we finally stopped about a half hour later she stopped and she turned to me holding a box, she told me to turn around and being the stupid, trusting little girl i was, i did." marcella then stood, turned around and lifted the back of her shirt and a long, and very deep scar laid all down her back. She could her the disgusted gasps, she lowered her shirt and sat back down.
" my mother cut so deep down my back i could feel her knife scraping against my spine, that's why Mrs. Richter doesn't try to kill me everytime i go near her, she was there when i died, she sat with me and held my hand, she talked about her sons to distract me from the pain.

No one knew what to say to her, they say in silence for a while until marcella stood and turned to leave.

" wait!"