The Consequences Come Due

The Consequences come due.

By Mr. Technicalities.

I didn't mean to kill her. Yet there she lie, Jaden Jades, on the office floor, now stained red with her blood. "The work is done," said Master Keilius Botswitch from behind me. "No, sir, this wasn't meant to go down this way. We messed it up," I told him. Keilius gave a satisfied smirk, before turning to face out the window. "You know not what you mean here. This was how it was always meant to happen. Fate chose this path. She was destined to die," Said Keilius. "No, I chose this path, mistakenly," I said. My fists tightened at the realization that he had planned this all along. "Morphileus Maxwamp, I suggest you let your arrogance go," Said Fhungja Ophylmaesakeio from behind me. "Shut up Fhungja!" Tears began to run down my face. "Just shut up! It isn't I who is in the wrong here!" I pointed angrily at Master Keilius. "You had planned this the whole time hadn't you! You lied to me! He lied to you too Fhungja, how can you not see? Even I was foolish enough to not understand, but now, now I know just what's going on here." Keilius turned away from the window which he had been looking down thirty floors from. His striking glare pierced into my soul. I could see it in his eyes, disappointment. "You are foolish, and cowardly. Do you not remember who Jaden Jades was?" "She wasn't a killer, like you have made me!" I exclaimed.

Keilius turned away from me. I turned to see where his gaze had switched to. The office door. I looked intently. "What?" I asked. "Shh." He responded. Behind me, I could hear Fhungja moving his hands around, getting ready for an evacuation. And in front of me, the door, which behind it, I heard the faint sounds of breathing, and quiet whispers. "We must go," said Master Keilius. They began conjuring a spell to leave. When I reached my hand in to join them, Keilius pushed it back out. "What, are you leaving me here?" I asked. "You're a killer, aren't you? You must pay for your crimes." I looked at him, worried. "The consequences comes due. Goodbye Morphileus." And then they were gone.

It was only a few seconds later, behind the door, I heard the whispering again. This time, I could make out what they were saying. "Three," My eyes widened. "Two," I looked desperately around the room for any chance at escape. "One," It was too late. I took a deep breath and put my hands up. Just then, a massive explosion blew the door open. Several excessively armed soldiers came pouring in the room. "Hands in the air! Now!" One of them yelled. "Sir, this isn't what it looks like! I swear-" But before I could get another word out, the sound of at least ten shots firing, and more red flooring.