n i n e ☄️

Josh took Tyler back into their tent and started prepping him for bed. As the child undressed, Josh went over and got a glass of water.

"Did you have fun tonight, Josh?" Tyler asked; removing his shirt.

"I did, my love." Josh replied.

"I didn't know you could drum."

The man chuckled.

"I used to sneak drums underneath my bed, then I would get them out at night and play it."

"So, you taught yourself?"

"Pretty much."

Tyler took off his pants, and he was now completely naked.

"I think that's very attractive."

Josh looked over and saw his nude flower. He could barely make out the fleshy stems that were peeled off his legs.

It truly showed how much of a flower he was.

He smiled upon his loving boy, then went back to making the water. After adding a few Banditos oils to it, he crushed up two tablets of Nembutal and stirred it into the water.

It was unknown on why he was doing this.

When he was done, he went over and handed it to Tyler, who was already under the blankets in his cot.

"What is this?" The child asked.

"Just a little drink so you don't have nightmares."

Tyler didn't know why he was doing this, but he smiled at the gesture.

"I hope it'll help me."

When he took a little sip, he immediately felt tired and loopy. Josh took the glass from him and set it on the counter next to the cot, then helped him lay down.

"Get some rest, baby."

He gave him a kiss on the forehead, then the child went to sleep.

~

Around midnight, when no sound was to be heard, Josh went into Kai and Linh's tent. When he walked in, he found them both asleep in two separate cots.

Josh had expected Kai to have already asked Linh to marry him, but he knew that their relationship was still developing.

Quietly, he went over to Kai and shook him awake.

The Bandito opened his eyes and sat up.

"Josh, what are you doing here?"

"Kai, the time is now." The man said. "We must to see to our prisoners."

Without question, the Bandito jumped out of bed, grabbed his torch, and walked with his leader into the darkness of Trench.

As they walked, no sound was made, and the atmosphere was completely. It was as if they were thieves in the night.

As Kai walked with his leader, he knew exactly where they were going.

The brothel, where Ender and Wren are being held.

After Josh killed the previous leader, he intended for Ender and Wren to be put to death as well, but he chose a different fate for them.

For now.

"Does Jenna know you have kept them alive?" Kai asked.

"Yes." Josh replied. "But, I didn't tell her what I've done with them."

"She won't be pleased."

~

At last, after what seemed to be a long walk, the duo arrived at the brothel, which sat on the highest hill of Trench, and overlooked a river.