08. Jeremy or Jeremiah?

ILLICIT BLUES.
08. ╱   Jeremy or Jeremiah?

   "TWENTY BUCKS SHE CALLS YOU 'JEREMY' AGAIN," BELLY BET AGAINST THE BOY. Marigold, Belly, and Jeremiah stood outside, in the burning heat. They watched, beside the bus stop, as the one of the busses, which held Taylor, came wheeling in. It was hot as shit outside and Marigold found herself thanking God she wore a pair of shorts and a cropped tank top───otherwise she'd be drenched in sweat by now.

   "I don't───I think she learned from last time," the boy reasoned slowly but both of the girls cocked a brow his direction.

   "You put too much faith in her," Marigold chuckled.

    "You think?" Belly chuckled slightly as the bus came to a stop, doors opening to reveal the girl with a great handful of balloons. "That's how she flirts with you."

   "Here she comes," Jeremiah announced as a gasp left Taylor's lips, rushing to engulf the birthday girl into a hug, who gladly returned the gesture.

   "Oh, my God! Happy Birthday!" Taylor exclaimed toward the end of the hug and as the two of them finally pulled away.

   "Thank you," the girl in receiving giggled slightly.

   "Belly, you little tart," Taylor looked her up and down. Jeremiah glanced towards Marigold in confusion who instantly reciprocated the action. What was she talking about? The Conklin girl made a noise of confusion. "You finally took my advice. This outfit is snatched."

   "Oh, my God, Taylor," Belly exclaimed, a sheepish smile taking over.

   "Isn't Belly looking like a snack?" The girl questioned the Fisher siblings, but her eyes were mainly set upon Marigold which made the girl squirm nervously.

   "Always," Jeremiah replied, and Marigold turned her head away. She didn't know what to say in this moment. Taylor rolled her eyes at the girl's actions.

   "Thank you," Belly replied with a tight lipped smile.

   "Oh, uh, here. Let me get your bag," Jeremiah offered after a moment of silence.

   "Thank you. You're such a gentleman, Jeremy," Taylor handed her bag over to Jeremiah, not taking any notice to the secretive smirks between the two of the girls beside them.

   "It's, uh, it's Jeremiah, not Jeremy," Belly explained to her friend, who continued to stare off at Jeremiah.

    "I like Jeremy better," she smiled up at him. Marigold almost gagged.

   "Should we, uh, head home?" Jeremiah motioned over to the jeep.

   "Ooh, actually, can we make a stop first?" Taylor offers, a smile curving onto her lips. Belly slowly nodded, a smile appearing onto her lips as well.

A few minutes later and they were placing the Banana Split on top of the table. Taylor sat on one side, with Marigold sitting beside her. Belly sat in front of Marigold with the older Fisher next to her.

   "Hmm. I live. I would literally eat this everyday if I could," Taylor moaned as she gouged on the ice cream.

   "Me too," Belly smiled as she pulled the spoon to her lips. A little residue being smear against her upper lip. Marigold watched as the girl removed the smudge with her tongue before looking down at the table, guiltily.