Prologue

Disclaimer: I only own my characters and the plot line. I do not own anything from Miraculous Ladybug

Darkness. The universe began in darkness. And it was peaceful as it was lonely. No violence, no hardship, no chaos. Just the never-ending black that reassured you day after day that everything would stay the same as it always has; in silence. The universe was a desolate place, lacking any real warmth and light. Life wasn't even a thing, not yet, as there was nothing living. Neither was death. Love, hate, loss, grief, fear, anger, joy... they were only words. Only distant fantasies of what never has and never will. It seemed that the universe was destined to forever be exactly as it had always been; ever-lasting, never changing, never slowing, never shifting. It seemed that there were only two things that really existed, space and time. And even then you could forget that they were ever there. How could you calculate how far you had traveled in perpetual darkness? How could you count how long it had been when you never even knew when you began? And it seemed as though things would stay that way, for all eternity.

And then, something shifted. It was quiet, almost unnoticeable. However, in a place where everything is made purely of nothing, it was large enough. Then, before it was ever discovered what had caused this disruption, altered the delicate balance, there was a bang, and the universe exploded.

And there was nothing to destroy, nothing to die, nothing to mourn, nothing to lose. But it seemed as though the universe had lost everything. For in a way, it did. It lost its darkness, its peace. Fantasies that had always just been that, were slowly coming to life. For yes, life was its own reality now. And death was there to counter it, along with love, and hate, and loss, grief, fear, anger, and joy. No longer were they words, but now, realities. And they ran rampant. The universe, the ever-lasting, never changing, never slowing, never shifting, was slowly dying, as those ideas that had only ever been words were brought to life, tearing down everything in their path. For no longer was there nothing. No. The explosion, the Big Bang, had brought about light to the desolate, impenetrable darkness. And it was slowly being destroyed, as unchecked powers swept across the universe, some bringing destruction, and others trying to undo the damage dealt by their fellows. This was the beginning of good, and evil. Positivity, and negativity. The universe at its very basics. And love clashed with hate, fear with courage, joy with grief, kindness with anger. And it seemed that this light, the one that had been the very center of all of the alterations, would come crashing down, destroyed by its own creations. Time and space would cease to exist, as the universe simply vanished.

And then, there was another light. A new kind of light. And it trapped the source of rampage, halted the destruction, and saved this new reality. And these new ideas, the ones that had been the source for it all, were trapped inside new aspects. Controllable ones. Ones that could still rule over this new universe, in harmony. However, never to be controlled by any other than their saviors. But the universe still suffered, torn between the two opposing forces who tried their best to tear each other down, to gain total rule of the new-found reality.

And then, living embodiments of the ideas emerged. Creations that could think, and move, and build. That could harness any natural element of their homeland and manipulate it. Things that represented all of the lost ideas, for that was what they were now. And each was different. Some born of love and joy, others of hate and grief. And none ever learned the truth of how they came to be, how the good had fought the evil, the positive challenged the negative, how chaos had reigned. At least, that was the case until they discovered several of the new forms each idea had been trapped in, encaged in. And they found some to be peaceful and friendly, and others to be violent and spiteful. But all of them seemed to differ to two, ones that were held above the rest. And these new embodiments, people, they called themselves, believed them to be the two forces they thought to be stronger than any other in the universe. And they called them creation, and destruction. They trapped them, and several others, inside mystical cages, for their powers to be harnessed for the betterment of humankind.