Chapter 1

My heart was pounding out of my chest as I ran from the loud footsteps. It felt as if my muscles were screaming in pain. Thoughts were flashing through my head; "What did I do to deserve this?" "How will I get out of this hell?" It was too late to regret any of this

I stopped, gasping for air, wondering where to go and what to do. I looked around seeing that silence was in the middle and no footsteps were gaining on me. I took off my vest and mud-covered boots. I sighed in relief at the thought that I was free and had nothing to hide from, for now at least. I sat on a green-covered rock which I think is called "leucobryum glaucum" . I wished I had my books from home. There were so many interesting plants nearby. I tried thinking of the freakish situation I got myself into. 

I wondered if anyone had missed me by now if James had made his favorite pastry, or if the teachers noticed my absence. More importantly, how will I get the nutrients I need? I looked at my leafy green arm that faded to my elbow. I frowned. "Why did this happen to me of all people?" I wondered. Why was I almost killed for a strange mistake by God?

I remembered that I did pack a few of my books in my bag. I rummaged through the stuff I never needed. I smiled a bit when I saw a piece of paper barely the size of my hand with a heart on it. I missed everyone I loved, my friends were like family to me. Sadly, I was never blessed with an actual family. I started picking at the stray leaves as I looked through my notes. 'June 45 2067'. 

 I didn't feel as if I wanted to read through my old entries as my eyelids felt like there were anvils attached. I lay down on a comfy patch of moss on the ground, wincing from the pain in my back. I closed the leather-covered book that had "Onyx" written on it. I knew I had the strangest name, yet I never knew why. I pulled out the necklace that my mother gave me, feeling relief through my body when I saw it was still intact. Feeling the smooth texture of moonstone on the tip of my fingers, I looked up at the stars in the huge black ink of the sky. I counted them as I drifted off to sleep.

 I jerked myself awake as I heard the crumple of the leaves from my arm. It had gotten worse, spreading to my shoulder and fading to my collarbone. I sighed. "How will I get this in control?" I saw that some of the leaves around me were fading to a vermillion shade. I realized that there was a nearby village I could stay in for a short time. I turned my waist to put on the boots. I noticed there was ash on the bottom mixed with the crumpled leaves and mud. 

I slowly got up and shortly  realized I was sore from running away against those stupid villagers. I sometimes miss my friends but at the same time they're the ones who turned against me. I tied my dirty boots mumbling some unforsaken words no person would enjoy. I didn't want to feel this way but any sane person would . They were family to me and they took that away and stuck me in this 

It was in the past anyway.

I walked through a patch of a path curiously, hearing the jingle of my necklace. It led to an antique well with stone brinks wrapped around the base. I grabbed my water bottle by the straps which it barely had any drops left. I pulled the strings of the well expecting a bucket, which there wasn't ,disappointingly . This would've been so much easier. I looked down seeing the seemingly endless pit of the stone brick.

I contemplated what to do. This is one of the worst decisions I'd ever do .

I jumped down

I smiled as I felt my black hair gust behind me. But that was shortlived my necklace broke off my neck, it hung on a straying brick. I raised my hand to attempt to grab it but it was far too late . I fell on my bottom and mumbled again saying some words no person would enjoy if it was directed to them. I was stuck at a bottom of a well with out my mom's gift to me . I  looked up to the clouds praying to have some angel or God themself to rescue me from this sticky situation.

No one did for 8 hours .