"Rivals"

The green grass dragged under Brandon's dirty sneakers . "Faster slowpokes!" "Higher knees!" "What are ya, girls?"yelled cheif. He was an old-ish man in his forties with a bitter-sweet view on life. He always wore opaque sunglasses. Rumor had it, it was to hide a scar he had gotten back when he was reckless teenager. The race pursued. Rain poured on the campers, as they struggled and slipped in the chunky mud. Complaints resonated throughout, but Brandon ignored the terrible conditions. Sure, he enjoyed the hustle of a good race, but the real thrill was the competition. He was so close at beating Peter, his everlasting rival.
-    "You'll have to do better than that to beat me, slug."
-    "Really? Cause the only slimy thing here is your attitude."
-    "I was actually just comparing how huge slugs must look next to your brain."
A nearby camper cringed at the sloppy insults.The rest were far behind. Both idiots pushed through the rain, desperate for victory. Brandon was still getting ahead. Suddenly, he slipped, tripped and fell on his face. Did he really, though? Of course not, Peter had dragged him to the floor.
-    "How ya like that, bottom feeder?"
Peter emerged victorious, crossing the line first, with a huge advance on everyone present. "Congratulations, camper." Saluted Chief.
-    "Your pretty little cheating ass wouldn't be here if you hadn't dragged me on the floor."
pestered Brandon, covered in mud from his braids to his runnings.
-    "I'm flattered you like my butt, but I simply do not know what you're talking about."
-    "I can demonstrate, if you'd like."
And with that Brandon pounced on Peter's ankles and threw him on the floor.
-    "ENOUGH!" Shouted Chief. "Peter! We both know you probably did so, as I clearly saw you tripping Hector. And Brandon! Get off the poor guy! Ayo... You boys will get me fired."

Chief walked away, shaking his head.Brandon grabbed Peter's collar and looked him dead in the eyes:
-    "We both know you cheated."
-    "Hm... Did I? It gets blurry."
-    "At least it shows you can't beat me without resorting to improper tactics."

He got up, squeezing his fists as he marched away. Peter just had such a way of getting the best of him. Peter stayed there on the floor smirking. He had gotten what he wanted.

BMH( be my hero) camp was not your average camp. It was a competition. The spoils to the wins, as the rest were left to rot in the background. Except, no one really knew what "spoils" implied. Some thought of riches, while other minds went to fame and well paying jobs.

The blur made it all the more interesting and fight worthy. All everyone knew, was that it HAD to be to die for. As this was the camp's first year, the next step towards victory could be anything from geocaching to hunting. Safe to say, no one knew what they were doing. That's why when chief called out to them come join him, no one knew what to expect.

"Congratulations to winner," called out Chief. "Jay, you last, wich means you heading home. Rest follow me to the camp grounds. We gonna be doing some hand to hand combat."

A red haired boy slumped his shoulders and dragged his feet to the go-home taxi, as a few taunted him and called him names. Many of wich, were of course peter's friends. "Such an imature waste of breath, Brandon though". But of course he said nothing, as it would be a waste of time to even try to reson with those dingbats. Peter mostly hung out with what many would call popular kids. They were strong, rich and almost all had girlfriends. Brandon preferred referring to them as airhead dickholes, to say the least. He nudged his best friend Philip, who was reading the latest novel of "purple platypuses with pink horns and wings, and how to get rid of them".

"Wanna be partners?"
Philip winced, and sighed
"In hand to hand combat? I'd rather boil my both eyes in saskwatch urine, then dip them in saratcha sauce."
He then returned to his book. Although he was content with the way he looked,he admitted that he should have done that 30 day diet before coming here. And at that, Brandon was two times his size. Philip felt like he didn't even have a chance. At least not against Brandon.He was tall and was obnoxiously fit.

Dean then added with a smirk.
"Oh, and I making the teams."
And that's how, of course, Brandon got teamed up with Peter.