HQ

You take a step into the portal, immediately, your body gets sucked into this colourful tube-like tunnel, you stick your hands to the side of your body. A thick blue hue surrounds your body. The strange sensation completely wraps your body in its entirety.

The colours reflect on Miguel's suit, the red shifts into a bright purple... the blue looking almost black... it highlights his physique.

He's floating above you- holy shit that ass... but the colours don't show on your matte grey suit. You felt a little embarrassed of your odd looking suit compared to his very obviously advanced one. You even contemplated on designed a new one with the fabric you had been working on.

You float for a while more, passing what looked like other universes, some vibrant, some in different countries, but the most occurring city seemed to be New Yorke. It all fascinated you, multi-dimensional travel, alternate universes, alternate versions of you- everything seemed to fuel your childish excitement even more. You couldn't help but try to shake out the jitters in your body, adrenaline was pumping hard and fast through your blood, you could hear it in your ears and you were pretty sure Miguel could too.

As you passed through, you saw a video game versions of spider people, being controlled by average people behind a screen. Then, a girl in a white and black suit, black cat you thought to yourself. Then Spider Man UK, and people that looked really oddly defined- their arms where arms normally aren't, their noses overlapping their mouths, it was truly a strange sight to see. Out of the hundreds of variants you just sped past, you saw a universe, one that was collapsing in on itself.

You stare at it, a big black hole was devouring the tall skyscrapers that covered the city. People were running, children were crying, and the famous concrete jungles seemed to be without it's dreams. (Im so sorry)

It looked a little like yours, a sign even said "New Yorke". But that was to be expected wasn't it? You were all Spider people with the same backgrounds- or atleast you had assumed so, living in the same city wouldn't be odd at all. You shake the thought of it from your mind, after all, your world or- rather universe was still fine when you left it there three minutes ago.

"We're almost there," Miguel says, you jump at his words since you had been so lost in thought. He looks down at you. "I'd recommend bracing for impact, our system is not fully secure- you could injur-" and before he could finish-

You were both spat out the tunnel. You and Miguel both groan from the fall. You had landed on Miguel, your hands had somehow found their way to his face, at least you assumed it was his face, and your legs wouldn't comply with your brain. To make matters worse, your vision was all dark. You blink your eyes open, the eyes on your suit were stuck squinted, it limited your line of sight.

"Arg- okay- uh can you stop moving my- my face." He grumbled as he stood up.

You stumble to your feet, only being able to see a sliver of your usual sight. You wave your hands around trying to feel something to grab on- your hands meet a stiff but soft wall. You were walking like a headless chicken, your movements uncontrolled and sporadic.

You feel around until your eyes meet it. Everything was blurry but you could make out the colours. It was red and blue, and had a weird circle on it? Jeez this guy had some weird aesthetic choices. Well, to be fair, you couldn't quite make out what it was- you stumble forward into the wall.

"Are you ok?" Miguel's voice sounded oddly- really close.

You quickly step away from the wall. You hit your spider eyes a few times, trying to somehow reset it.

"P- WHACK- Peachy." You give him a thumbs up.

whack, whack, whack... buzzzzz... you blink a few times and your vision slowly returns.... you look up- at Miguel... you realize the soft stiff wall you had been feeling up was actually Miguel's chest... thank you god, I don't know what I did to deserve this, but I believe in you now, even though I was atheist. You blush, obviously under your mask so Miguel couldn't see. You clear your throat and say,