Chapter 1

Hey Racers,
It's Devon here. It's time for an update on Belle! She's doing amazing! She's the fastest two year old at our barn by far. She leaves all the colts in the dust! I want to give a shout out to @thecrazyhorse_girl for sending Belle and I some amazing sugar cubes in the mail! Belle enjoyed every last one, I promise! My dad and I are going to keep getting Belle in racing shape and we are also starting to get her ready to be ridden (finally!!!). I'm so excited for you guys to see her race in a few months! She's a star!
On another note, today is my first day of my senior year in high school (thank god) so I'll keep you guys posted on how things are with school and such! I can feel the senioritis creeping in already...
Talk to you guys soon!
~thatjockeygirldevon

I quickly close my MacBook and take a long look around my room. "Okay Devon, you can do this," I tell myself. I get off my bed and glance my alarm clock. Crap. It's already 6:30. I hop off my bed and stride over to my closet hoping that an outfit pops out at me. Of course none do so I have to go through my outfits one by one. When I finally decide on a simple blue shirt and jeans I start to get ready. I straighten my long brown hair and put on a tiny amount of makeup just to make myself presentable. After one last look in the mirror I walk downstairs. It's already seven so I don't have time for breakfast if I want to be on time to school. I grab a protein bar to munch on on the way.

When I get to school I already want to go home. All the underclassmen look so happy bouncing back and forth with their friends. If only they knew how horrible high school really is. Junior year hits like a slap in the face. My senior year doesn't look like it's going to be any better. AP Calculus, AP English and Physics are just a handful of my classes this year that make me want to crawl up into a hole and die. I'm good at school and I enjoy a challenge but I'd way rather be working with my horses.

And yes, I might be that one horse girl that every school has. The one who is obsessed with horses and has been ever since she was five. Everyone knows one. I am officially Woodland Highs horse girl. It's okay though I embrace it. I used to get made fun of for my obsession but now I'm respected. It might have something to do with me being the top ranked female jockey in the world. That's right, I'm not joking. I never lose. I've rode in about thirty races and have never lost, not once. People criticize me, they say I should focus more on school, that I have no plan B if racing doesn't work out. I just laugh at them. If only they knew me. Then they would know that I am Devon Sawyer. I am smart, talented and beautiful and I don't lose.