The Train to North Avenue

She stepped onto the train, the familiar hum of the engine and the chatter of the passengers filling her ears. She made her way to her usual seat, by the window, and settled in for the ride to North Avenue.

As the train pulled out of the station, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched. She glanced around, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Just the usual commuters, lost in their own thoughts.

But as the train made its way through the city, she couldn't shake the feeling. It was like a shadow, always there, just out of sight.

It wasn't until she arrived at North Avenue that she saw him. Her lover. He was standing on the platform, watching her as she stepped off the train.

She was shocked. They had broken up months ago. What was he doing here?

He followed her as she made her way through the station, always keeping his distance. She tried to lose him in the crowd, but he was always there.

She didn't know what to do. Part of her wanted to confront him, to ask him why he was following her. But another part of her was afraid. What if he was dangerous?

The days passed and he continued to follow her. She tried to ignore him, but it was impossible. He was always there, watching her.

One day, as she stepped off the train at North Avenue, he approached her.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I know I shouldn't be following you like this. But I can't help it. I still love you."

She didn't know what to say. Part of her wanted to believe him, to forgive him and take him back. But another part of her was still afraid.

In the end, she decided to give him another chance. They started dating again and things were good for a while.

But one day, as they were riding the train together, she saw something in his eyes that scared her. A darkness that she had never seen before.

She knew then that she had made a mistake. That he wasn't the man she thought he was.

She broke up with him again and this time, she made sure that he couldn't follow her.

She still rides the train to North Avenue every day. But now, she's always looking over her shoulder, wondering if he's still out there, watching her.