Act 1

INT. GRUNGY APARTMENT - NIGHT

In a haze of dim, smoky light, the room oozes with the stench of desperation and danger. Discarded drug paraphernalia and crumpled cash litter the space. Meet JASON, a tenacious man in his prime, but now bearing the scars of a fierce struggle, he clings to his side, wincing with pain. The table before him is a tantalizing display of contraband - drugs and money, beckoning like sirens.

SUDDENLY, the apartment door explodes open, revealing a menacing gang of masked figures, armed to the teeth. With weapons drawn and voices roaring, they demand their cut of the illicit loot.

LEADER
(snarling)
Nobody moves! We're taking it all!

Jason's eyes widen, a cocktail of fear and resolve coursing through him. Survival instinct kicks in, and in a whirlwind motion, he snatches up cash and drugs, stuffing them into a bag. But the LEADER spots him, and like a predator, he lunges, leaving a gash on Jason's arm.

JASON
(agonized)
Ah! Damn it!

Ignoring the searing pain, Jason bolts towards the exit, clutching the bag close to his chest. The night awaits, but so do his demons, embodied by those who pursue him with vengeance. Blood saturates his clothes, and adrenaline races in his veins as he frantically searches for his car keys.

INT. DESERTED CAR PARKING LOT - NIGHT

Jason reaches his battered sedan, hands trembling from pain and urgency. Blood drips onto the ground as he battles to unlock the car door. The sound of approaching footsteps taunts his ears, adding urgency to his plight.

SUDDENLY, a shadow emerges from the darkness -  Grotesque and ravenous, its decomposed face an unsettling sight. The creature emits a guttural growl, its decrepit hands reaching out for Jason. ZOMBIE!

JASON
(frantically)
No! No, this can't be real!

With a surge of adrenaline, Jason finally unlocks the car door, launching himself inside just as the zombie lunges. The beast claws at the window, an insatiable hunger in its eyes.

JASON
(hyperventilating)
What the hell is going on?!

As the relentless zombie attack continues, Jason starts the engine and speeds away from the parking lot, leaving the horrifying creature behind. Glancing at the rearview mirror, he witnesses the nightmare chasing him.

EXT. HAUNTED CITY STREETS - NIGHT

Through the deserted streets, Jason races, trying to fathom the madness unfurling around him. Unsettling silhouettes of other zombies roam aimlessly, terrorizing any living soul they encounter.

JASON
(whispering to himself)
Zombies? Is this some twisted nightmare?

His wounds throbbing and heart pounding, Jason pushes his car to the brink, desperate to find sanctuary in this nightmarish world. The city succumbs to darkness as he hurtles towards an uncertain fate, pursued by both the haunting echoes of his past and the monstrous specters of the present.

FADE OUT.