What the Hell?

I wake up, my eyes snapping open. My heart is beating and I'm struggling to breath, like I've just had a bad dream. I try to control my breathing, focusing on my chest rising and falling. After a few moments, when my breathing was more controlled, I finally looked at where I was. Not my bed. It didn't even resemble anything close to my bed.

"Crap" I thought. "Where I am?" I had been curled up on my side, and my face was about three inches away from a tree root. I tried to turn my head to see if I could see the rest of the tree, But the moment I did, my head started on fire. Not literally, but it felt pretty dang close. "Ahh" I gasped. "Great" I thought. "I don't know where I am, and I feel like someone tried to use my head to play football."

Since my head was hurting like hell, all I wanted to do was to go back to sleep, but since my head was hurting like hell, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to keep myself entertained, I would try figuring out how I got here in the first place, and if I move anything else, how bad would it hurt?

The second question seemed more important at the time, seeing how I had thrown myself into immense pain just by turning my head, I decided to start with that. I worked my way up from the feet, making sure not to move my head and to stop at any sign of pain. My legs ached, not like someone had beat them with a stick, but like I had been running. A lot. What my body looked like was much worse.

Starting from my abdomen, and going up to my neck, I could glimpse that it was molted black-blue. "Shit, where the hell did THAT come from" I thought again. After taking a minute to mentally examine the area, I figured it didn't hurt, and that since it didn't, I could bother with that later. I also realized another problem, but continued on to examining my arms. I could see those better, and they were also covered with black-blue marks.

Now I knew what shape I was in, I tried working on the new problem I realized a few minutes ago. Why was I not wearing any clothes? I wasn't technically naked, since there was a blanket or coat-like thing half thrown over me, but anything that one would call clothes weren't anywhere I could see. Granted, though, I could only see half of my body and a face full of bark. Now I focused on what was probably the main issue. Why the HELL was I naked, covered with black-blue marks, by a tree root.