Chapter 1 - Lucifer

Your head hurt and you tasted crimson iron. You growled and raised yourself, holding onto your head.

"Greetings, human", a deep voice says. You lifted your head, looking at the man - no, the creature - that was before you. His long black hair reached down to his knees and was neatly tied behind him. He was tall, around 6'2 and his red eyes were piercing through you, also, his ears were weirdly sharp, as if he was an elf. The sharp and black nails of his were digging into a leather notebook, which was at least 3inches thick.

"Who the fuck are you?", you hissed at him, spitting blood onto the ground.
"And where are the bastards that were beating me up just now?"

He sighed and opened the book on the first page.
"My name is Lucifer. And you, human, you died."
It made you laugh. You thought this was a bad joke, so you stepped forward and tried to push him, but a sudden force slammed you into the ground. You gasped as a natural instinct, but the pain never kicked in.
Once again, you glared at the man.
"Like the demon?"

"Like the devil", he corrected you.
You chuckled. God, what the fuck did that weirdo consume, you thought.
Though, the force was weird, but you were too confused and overwhelmed to realize that all this was not a dumb joke.
"Okay Lucifer, how did you do that? Are there some strings on me or something?"
He sighed again.
"You truly aren't the smartest of all, are you? Well, maybe that's why Eloah sent you down. Whatever... Either believe me or don't, I have no intentions of explaining everything to you, human. What counts is," he lifted one finger "you're dead" he lifted another one "and you'll tell me why."

You swallowed, unsure of this whole situation. Was this a bad joke? It seemed to real though, and you couldn't deny that.
Finally, you looked around, the things you used to think were lanterns, were actually flames on huge candles. The wax was dripping down, but nothing was on the ground. Everything seemed dimmed and like a huge black room with no walls, roofs or even a floor.
It was silent, the only thing you could hear was your own heartbeat and your breathing.

"...I am dead?", you finally asked
He nodded, looking down on you.
"What happened?"
"You're heart stopped beating", Lucifer answered in a dry manner.
This time it was you who sighed.
"I get that part - but why?"

He looked in his book, into the last page.
"When you had the fight with those people, one kicked 13 times against your head, causing severe brain damage and bleeding. You died on the spot"
Lucifer said all this, with his usual calm and deep voice, as if not talking about how someone... you, died.
You were silent for a few seconds, trying to process what you just heard. You balled your fists.

19. You were 19 years old. And dead.

And noone wouldn't even care. You had noone who'd cry after you. Who'd go to your funeral. Who'd carry your coffin.

You imagined a cheap tombstone over a freshly filled grave with no flowers or candles. It made you chuckle in insanity.
Lucifer eyes you. He didn't care. He didn't say anything, just watched you realize what you did your whole life.

What did I made out of myself...? For what..? For an early death? And besides after being dead... I'm also in hell... Fuck.