Chapter #1. As If

7-22- 23

"Tania Melbourn," a familiar voice calls out.

I instantly turn around. It's Megan Thornbush, my bestie, we haven't seen each other in like forever.

"Megan Thornbush," I yell back, "You, you, is it really you?"

"The one and only, let me have a look at you. It's been what a year?" She asks.

"Yeah, around that," I muttered,  "It is good to see you."

"Same here, love!" She breathed.

She didn't look like her old self. The last time I had seen her was at the Old Grimm Lake, we were dancing to some music, our feet being dragged through the sand.

The guys were tickling us and taking us to the water. The bad part is... throwing us in... catching our breaths from the cold sting of the water.

"What are you doing back? Did you miss this place?" She asks.

"The last time I saw you was when you were looking like a red lobster," she teased.

"Yes, I was a hot mess," I managed a laugh.

"You were the lucky one, always tanned, never burned.You looked bronzed, a golden godess."

"How time flies?" she mutters.

"You still look stunning," I commented, "But, you look different somehow.

She takes me by the arm, "A lot can happen in a year, I got married. I am now Mrs. Rickles."

"Don't tell me, Shamus Rickles, the Shamus?" I couldn't believe my ears.

She had a crush on Shamus, but he was dating someone else,  Amanda Darfield, the hottest cheer girl.

"What happened to Amanda Darfield?" I ask.

"She got married to the Greg," Megan sighed.

"It's OK. The past is the past. It's fine, Greg needed someone, and we both moved on."

"I didn't want to tell you, but it's better that I tell you,  so you know. It's been three long years, Tania," she muttered.

"I've grown a lot, and three years is the past to me. I did not shed a tear when I left, nor will I now... Greg deserves to be happy... it was over when I left from here," I muttered.

"So, what are you doing back in 'Twin Peeks'?" Megan asks.

"Getting my life back together, I mean I miss the place," hoping she'll believe me.

"Tell me more about you, and Shamus... all the hot details," I mused.

"It happened so quickly,  a week in the sun, a few nights on the sand. We just fell for each other and asked me to marry. The stars, the moon, those endearing moments I will cherish for the rest of my life," she shared.

"Well then, I gather everything has worked out perfectly for you. That's good to hear," I muttered 

"May I say congrats? Mrs. Shamus," It was nice to know that Megan had got her man, the one she had a massive crush on.

"Tania, how have you been?" Megan asks.

"Been living,  but decided to breathe the air in Twin Peeks again," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hoping to make a good impression on Mr. Tiggans, jobwise."

"Mr. Tiggans is a businessman, very busy. To be frank, he is a classic. He's out of town right now,  but his son,  Zayn, is running the business at Twin Peeks. Watch yourself, Zayn is a hot commodity, and single at that."