Prologe

Ava

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I reached over and slammed my hand on the alarm clock. I slid my hand back under the warm covers shivering slightly when the cold snuck its way underneath as well.

It was winter time and my room usually drops temperatures making it feel like I was living in a freezer. Luckily last year my sister gave me a heating blanket for Christmas and it was a life saver.

Slowly getting out of bed but not before stretching my arms and legs out and yawned. I didn't have much do to today besides go to class. I was going to school for Law to try and become a lawyer so I can fight for my brother who had life in prison for murder. Funny thing was he never committed it, I did but not on purpose.

He took the fall for me and ever since than I was gonna go to school to try and fight for him to get out. Id just have to find a way that wouldn't replace him with me.

I looked over towards the time and sighed rather loudly. 10:45am and I had classes in two hours which means my roommates will be here still causing a ruckus in the kitchen because one of them is trying to learn to cook.

Usually the food is burnt or over cooked even not cooked at all. The only thing that was good was a grill cheese, like who can even mess that up?

I got up from my bed and walked towards my closet. I slid the doors open revealing all my outfits. I reached in pushing most aside till I finally picked one. I slid out my dark red turtleneck neck and black skinny jeans. I set them on the bed before making my way towards the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror and stopped. A long time ago I could never look at myself without saying something bad about my appearance. But now i could admire myself, I now had long black hair even my once chubby face was perfect and structured most say i should model but thats never been my thing. The only thing i had was a scar on my cheek that went across my nose that would probably wouldn't look good on a modeling cover.

I looked away and walked up to the shower reaching in and turning it on to hot. A shiver went up my spine feeling the cool air in the house. I hated the winter and im sure it hated me to with how it always freezes my car every morning.

Once I had taken a shower and gotten dressed. I walked back into the bathroom to blow dry my hair and straighten it.

I walked out of the bathroom and my room once done. I stepped in the hall way "Oh will you just give me a pan!!" I heard one of roommates yell. Here we go again. The same routine every morning, they always fought about who was gonna cook breakfast and then eventually none of us eat because we end up being late for classes.

I walked down the steps hearing pots and pans hitting each other. I stepped into the kitchen seeing them both hitting the pans together like swords.

"Seriously? Just give me the pan and ill cook us the eggs and bacon!" Jessica said while reaching and grabbing the pan handle from my other room mate Kayla.

"You never let me cook!" Kayla frowned while finally letting the pan go. I was not ready to deal with their issues this morning. I walked towards the coffee machine and turned it on.

"Ava don't you agree that Kayla can't cook for the life of her?" Jessica pointed to Kayla with a pan before setting it down on the stove.

"She has a point Kayla...sometimes you can't really cook" That was the truth but sometimes she could cook something good and most times we were throwing it out than ordering pizza.

"Fine! Just make the stupid breakfast. I need to change for school" Once she was gone out of the kitchen everything was calm. The sound of the stove turning on and the smell of bacon being cooked felt like home again. My mother would always cook breakfast every morning before school. Would always say its the most important meal of the day and back then I believed her, but now I believe lunch is the most important it help you get through the rest of the day.