You're Good Enough

Gianna was in her room,curled up in a ball. She couldn't stop thinking about the high expectations her parents put on her.Gianna knew her new parents didn't have the same expectations of her, but the expectations of her birth parents still haunted her.
"Gianna?"said Gandra as she walked by Gianna's room,noticing Gianna curled up in a ball.
"Hi Gandra."said Gianna,uncurling herself.She didn't want Gandra to think there was anything wrong with her.Gandra didn't have any expectations of her.
"Is there something wrong?"asked Gandra,sitting on Gianna's bed next to her.
"Just thinking."
"About what?"
Gianna thought.Should she tell Gandra?Gianna was sure that Gandra wouldn't judge her, but she didn't want her to think that she was hung up on her parents.
"I won't judge you."Gandra said.
"Promise?"asked Gianna.
"Promise."
"Okay.Well,I was thinking about my parents.My biological parents, and how they had such high expectations of me."
"What do you mean?"
"They wanted me to be super successful so I can keep care of them when they're older, and get married, and have kids so they can have grandchildren to spoil.And I was just thinking about-maybe-I'm not good enough."
"Gianna!Those were their dreams!They wanted you to achieve their dreams!They wanted you to keep care of them! They wanted you to cater to their needs! You can now live your own life!In fact, you could always live your own life!"
"I know.But sometimes I feel like if I don't do what they expected of me then I'm a failure."
"You're not a failure.You've never been a failure.No matter what, you're not a failure."
Gianna didn't say anything.She felt better.But she still had her parents' words in her head.
"But what would happen if I accomplish nothing?"Gianna asked Gandra.
"You've already accomplished something!You're an awesome little sis!You can do anything you want!You don't have to live up to anyone's expectations!"Gandra told Gianna.
Gianna thought for a bit.Perhaps Gandra was right.But Gandra already did so many amazing things.What if she didn't do anything as amazing?
"But you did so many amazing stuff already.What if I don't do anything as incredible?"asked Gianna.
"Gianna,I didn't start out as amazing.Besides I used to work for FOWL.That wasn't amazing.You probably wouldn't work for an evil organization.You'll be incredible in your own way.Everyone is incredible in their own way."reassured Gandra.
"Even Bradford?"
Gandra thought for a while.
"In his own villainous way,yes.But he'll never admit to being a villain."said Gandra.
Gianna felt better about herself, and hugged Gandra,despite knowing that Gandra wasn't an affectionate person.
"Thanks,Gandra."said Gianna.
"Uh-yeah-you're welcome."said Gandra,patting Gianna on the head before deciding to hug her back.