Chapter 2 - Dream

I squeezed the material of his soaking garment inside my fingertips, tugging at it slightly, just enough to get his attention. The distant sounds of twigs being snapped from all around us mixed in with the dysfunctional sounds of chaotic raindrops caused my heart to clench painfully.

They were here.

"Gemstone." I whispered frantically inside his ear, my voice wobbling uneasily in severe anxiousness.

A humming sound from his throat responded to my words, causing a calmingly sedative adrenaline to crash in with my other chaotic emotions. "We have to get out of here, now!" I whisper yelled inside of his ear as I felt his body suddenly tense up against mine at the words which I had just spoken.

Unwinding my arms hastily from around his neck I grabbed onto his hand desperately and held it in mine. "There are wolves." I stated in a quiet breath.

His head jolted around hesitantly searching for them in dismay, but I couldn't spare another second before they clawed into our flesh and dug into us with their nasty, unforgiving fangs, so I turned on my heals abruptly and started prancing at full speed back the way we had come.

Pulling him along with me desperately as he soon followed behind me. Tightening his grip in my hand.

Hasty and sharp inhuman footsteps overtaking me in less than a single moment, as the dark black eyes which belonged to the grim creature of the night, darted in front of me as it hooked its claws into my flesh forcefully.

Tearing pieces of my flesh out as it's fangs yanked themselves into my skin tearing off other parts of me as the others did the same and worse, to him.

Making my heart shatter into the smallest of pieces like a glass vase being struck over and over until there's nothing left of it but dust like pieces as it screeched out in agony, that was what my heart would feel like for eternity if that were to happen to us, to him.

The only person I cared about more than myself. More than anything.

The complete state of desperateness has never left me feeling so relentless in my life. The gut wrenching need to get out of the forest and run as fast as my legs could possibly take me was all that mattered to me in this moment.

Prickling sensations from the bitter coldness had completely weakened my limbs, making my leg movements become effectively slower each step that I took.

It felt like my lungs were tightly stringed together causing each breath to feel like they were bleeding and screaming out to me telling me to slow down, not to mention that my legs felt like they would give away any second. But I kept screaming back at my unreasonable urges arguing against them with all the willpower I could find within myself as my vision started becoming blurry.

That's when my dress suddenly got caught in one of the branches and ripped straight through the lining causing my body to jolt backwards.

I glanced at him, panic pounding through my chest while it throbbed in anxiety as I could hear their footsteps escalating nearer towards us.

Blue crystal eyes, which were dimmed by the darkness of the night met back with mine for a single moment, as the sound of his dire voice "hurry, Aurora." broke the silence while we both sprinted closer and closer towards the end of the forest from where we had come from before.

Loud huffs from the wolves mouths which had been trailing from behind us all the way, reminding us that we were only seconds away from their hold, had progressively become quieter and quieter.

A sense of relief rushed through my body as the light from his mansion began shining brighter, like a sign of saving grace from the Heavens breaking forth, showing us that we were in closer distance of redemption than that of the dark terrors of the night.