fart

It was freshman year for Bob, and big things were happening. His voice was starting to sound cooler, (despite his braces), he had gotten his new room that summer along with a sick little scorpion, things seemed to be working all out for him.

School was getting harder, now that he was a freshman, but he never liked school much anyway. He still recognized a handful of people from middle school, but with the influx of new students, it was a little difficult to point them out. Regardless, he made a plethora of new friends.

He had a friend in practically every class now. Math and science especially, he was starting to see two very viable candidates for a best friend in both those classes.

Science was easy because Nethanial, or Ned as he so liked to be called, was there. He was super smart and was paired up at Bob's lab table with Vikki and Sara, two girls Bob didn't know much about either.

Bob had been looking foreward to science lately as he and Ned began to talk more about the halloween party Bob wanted to throw, among other things. Ned actually seemed interested in Bob's ramblings. He seemed interested in everything Bob had to say, like his new room and his scorpion and going to the beach in summer. He liked being in science with Ned, he listened very well. And, he was over the moon when Ned came over to take a personal tour of his room.

He walked Ned to his house, practically bouncing with excitement. "My room is so huge, the basement is like, the biggest room in the house."

"Mhm."

"I have so much room I don't even know what to do with it." He smiled, pushing open his door and leading him down his stairs. "...Me and my brother used to have to share a room, but then Steve cleaned out the basement and now I get this all to myself." Bob gushed to Ned, who was now sitting on his couch. Bob sat down eagerly on the other side, turning on his new TV. He was about to show Ned all the channels and tapes when he started to talk.

"Who's steve?" He asked.

Bob tensed up. "Uh, Steve is just my dads....girlfriend." Bob lied.

"Oh. cool." Ned said simply, taking the remote and flipping to another channel.

Bob let out a breath. He hated to lie, but it saved him from another thing to be teased for, his eyes were a wide enough target. Bob felt weird sitting in his new room with his sunglasses still on. His house was his safe zone, metaphorically, and he didnt need to wear his sunglasses at home, everyone there already knew his secret.

Well, apart from Ned, of course...He did think Ned was different, but he didnt want to chance it, so he kept his sunglasses securely on his head at all times when around him. He wanted Ned to like him.

"Do you want to come over to my house tomorrow?" Ned asked suddenly after looking at Bob's widescreen tv.

So he does like me. Bob thought. He felt thrilled at the thought. "Yes of course!" Bob said quickly. "That sounds amazing."