Prologue

Evangeline and her father pull into the driveway of their new home.

"I know it isn't ideal Eve but this'll be a new start for us both." Her dad says looking at her. Eve looks at him and gives him a small smile. Eve grabs her bag from under her feet and makes her way to the front door. She opens it and sees all the furniture inside. She feels an arm wrap around her, she looks up and notices her father looking at her.

"Your room is upstairs, first door on the left." He says. Eve nods her head and heads up the stairs. Once she locates her room she walks in and sees a plain bedroom with a singular bed, white walls, and a balcony. She opens her balcony doors and notices a large oak tree standing near her balcony. She gets an idea to create a wooden platform with beanbags to create a reading nook for her. Suddenly she hears voices outside the house next to her and sees a family walking out and towards her house. She sees three boys, two women, and a girl. She exits the balcony and walks down stairs. When she reaches the bottom of the stairs, a knock can be heard at their front door. She watches as her father answers the door.

"Hello?" He says looking out the door. Evangeline takes a step closer to her father and sees a blonde women standing there with a plate of food, an asian women standing there holding a bowl of food, a tall boy with dirty blonde curly hair, a taller boy standing there with brown shaggy hair, an asian boy with black hair, and an asian girl with long black hair.

"Hi! I'm Susannah! I own the house next door to you. This is my best friend Laurel and her kids, Belly and Steven. These are my kids, Conrad and Jeremiah. We saw you guys move in here and we just wanted to say welcome to the neighborhood and bring you guys some food for your first few days to make the move in easier." The blonde said handing Eve's father a big plate of food.

"Thank you guys for the food. My name's Hector and this is my daughter Evangeline." Hector says gesturing towards Evangeline. She steps towards the door and gives a small wave.

"Nice to meet you. You guys can call me Eve." Evangeline says looking at them. The young girl, Belly, takes a step forward and comes to the girl and holds out her hand. Evangeline takes her hand to shake it but is surprised when she is pulled into a hug. Belly hugs the girl and she hugs her back.

"I'm Belly and I think we're going to be the best of friends." Belly says releasing the girl and looking towards her. Evangeline nods her head in agreement and looks towards the boys. She smiles at the boys and they smile back. She heads towards the brown haired boy first and reaches out her hand and the boy takes it.

"I'm Conrad. I too think we are going to be great friends." Conrad says smiling at her. She smiles back at the boy and is turned around by someone. She looks up and sees the black haired boy facing her.

"I'm Steven and we are actually going to be best friends." Steven says looking at her. She smiles at the boy and gives him a nod. She turns to the dirty blonde boy.

"I'm Jeremiah. It's nice to meet you." He says looking at her holding his hand out and smiling at her. She takes it and gives him a smile.