A Chance Encounter

You hummed a happy little melody to yourself as you breathed in the intoxicating scent of your recently purchased flowers. Flowers always made you smile, so this morning you decided you would treat yourself. You were so busy thinking of the perfect place to put the flowers, that you didn't hear the commotion coming up behind you as you began to cross the road.

"STOP!"

A startled scream left you as a man grabbed you from behind and dragged you backwards, tossing you into the middle of the road like you were a sack of rubbish before darting off in the opposite direction.

Eventhough the market street was busy, no one offered to help you up. Typical London, you thought as you sat in the mud. Everyone far too busy to be polite... except for one.

"Miss?" You raised your head and looked up into a pair piercing blue eyes. For a moment you were stund into silence as you stared at the man crouched before you. His unruly curls falling forwards as he stared back at you. He hesitated for a moment before carefully brushing some of your own hair backwards from your face. "Are you harmed?" He asked, his tone filled with concern and his brow furrowed, giving your face a once over. "I must apologise, this was entirely my fault."

"I-" You looked down at where your hands still rested on the ground and nodded. "I'm... Bleeding." You whispered, raising your grazed palms that were covered in mud and gravel.

The man looked down at your hands and let out a frustrated sigh, "Oh dear, I truly am sorry for causing you pain... For, bruising such a... Beautiful flower." He offered you a soft, yet shy smile as he brushed a splattering of mud from your cheek.

You lowered your face to hide your blush. "It's quite alright. You weren't the oaf that did this." You scrunched your face up in annoyance.

The man chuckled softly, certain you were the cutest little thing he'd ever seen. "No, but I was chasing the oaf." He smiled warmly as he held his hands out to you. "Detective Sherlock Holmes." Of course, you thought as you took his hands and allowed him to help you up.

"Y/n Y/l/n." You smiled. You looked down at the state of your clothing and the mess your flowers had made. "Oh heavens, my father will have a heart attack wondering what happened... And what a mess." You pouted.

Sherlock waved his hand, "Food for the horse." He reasured you. "And, allow me to patch you up before escorting you home. Perhaps I can put your father at ease if I explain what unfortunately happened to you because of my doing."

You smiled, "That's awfully kind, Detective but I'm sure you're far too busy for that." You whispered.

Sherlock shook his head. "Never too busy to help a beautiful flower," He smiled at you. "And this was my fault..." He held his arm out to you. "My home isn't too far. I have the necessary supplies there to fix you up, I assure you."

You considered his words for moment, looking down at your grazed hands before nodding. "Thank you, Detective." You smiled politely at him and slipped your arm through his. "Would it be awfully rude of me to ask, what was your reason for chasing that man in the first place?" You asked him.

Sherlock hummed, "Not at all. I do owe you an explanation as to why you were caught up in the whole ordeal..." He stopped a passing carriage and opened the door for you. He helped you inside before joining you and closing the door after him.
------------------------------------------------------------

After a short carriage ride and an awkward walk past Sherlock's landlady (whom wasn't best pleased with him), you entered Sherlock's extremely hectic flat, a small smile curling at your lips as he guided you over to the chaise lounge. He took your coat and told you to make yourself comfortable as he gathered the necessary items to clean your grazed palms.