|| 1 ||

Eve stirs in her bed as the sun light shines into her face peaking through her curtains covering her balcony. Eve slowly opens her eyes and notices her curtains blowing in the wind, climbing out of bed to close the doors to her balcony, she notices a dirty blonde haired boy staring at her through his window. Giving him an eye roll, Evangeline closes her doors, locks them, and closes her curtains fully blocking the light and the dirty blonde. Eve opens her bedroom door and heads downstairs to see her father on his computer working. She walks over to her dad and places a kiss on the top of his head and walks to the fridge pulling out the container of raspberries.

"Save some for me yeah?" Hector says eyeing his daughter sitting on kitchen counter. Evangeline sticks her tongue out at him. She hops down from the counter and opens the cabinet.

"Hot Cocoa?" Evangeline asks her dad with her mouth full.

"Please." He responds turning his head back to his work as Evangeline makes the Hot Cocoa. Once the mugs are in the microwave a knock on the door sounds. Evangeline opens the door to reveal the dirty blonde haired boy standing in front of her.

"Jeremiah Fisher. To what do I owe the dishonor of having you here at 10 am?" Evangeline asks looking at the boy.

"Wow Evangeline, stake to the heart." Jeremiah says mocking pain making the girl give him an eye roll

"Seriously though what are you doing here? It's 10 am and I have plans before the actual fun arrives." Evangeline says smirking at the boy.

"No reason." Jeremiah says rubbing the top of her head then walking away making Eve roll her eyes and close the door just as the microwave goes off. Eve pulls out the mugs and places one in front of her dad as she sits next to him with her raspberries.

"You have an absurd obsession with that fruit." Her dad points out taking a sip of the Hot Cocoa. Evangeline just shrugs her shoulders and throws another raspberry into her mouth with a smile.

After Evangeline finishes off her cocoa and rushes upstairs to get ready. Evangeline's phone goes off and looks at it to take notice of a text message from her boyfriend, Eli.

Eli 💘: we still on for lunch?

Evangeline ❣️: always, pick me up?

Eli 💘: be there at 12:30, wear the pink one ;)

Evangeline chuckles at his last text and grabs her blush pink sundress and undergarments, and hops into the shower to get ready for her date.

12:30 arrives and no sign of Eli. Evangeline wait another hour and still no sign of him.

Evangeline ❣️: it's 1:30 where are you?

2 pm arrives and still no response. Suddenly a car honks from outside and Evangeline looks out onto her balcony to see the Conklins car pull up. Evangeline quickly changes from her dress into a pair of denim shorts and a baby blue cropped top. Evangeline throws on her tennis shoes and runs downstairs bidding her dad a farewell as she grabs her house keys and closes the door. She runs into the driveway of the Fishers summer home to see Steven already hopping out of the car. She runs up behind him and jumps onto his back screaming his name. Surprisingly, Steven catches her and looks up at the blonde who has a wide grin on her face. He drops her and turns around ruffling her hair.