Click

The chains tore at my raw flesh, but showing pain, was exactly what they wanted.

I hissed in fury through my yellow stained teeth, as one of the guards dragged me towards the shiny blade, lying crookedly upon the wooden table, decorated with former people's blood.

I would get my revenge.... no-one could kill me, I wanted to be the killer, to tear peoples flesh, thats all I knew.

And it brought me joy.

Lying face down beneath the axe, as it grows ever closer. What a pretty axe it is. How sharp and....

SLASH

*

'Pfft, a woman who was executed for murder, then SURVIVED the execution!?' I said, my voice dripping with amused sarcasm.

'Fine, I knew you wouldn't believe me!' Huffed Mabel, arms crossed and pouting like a 5 year old.

'Oh grow up Mabes, just because you believe everything Tim tells you, dosen't mean I will!'

I smirked and walked out the door.

I dawdled to school, as I loathed it.

I never DID see the point of it...

CLICK.

What was that?

I could tell it had come from behind me.

I checked.

Nothing.

Hmmm, wow Adriennes right. I'm losing it.

With a smile of amusment, I carried on walking.

CLICK.

I froze. Was it just me? Or was something really there?

'Mabes!' I called out, understanding the joke.

'Ha ha you Reeeeeeally got me, I'm practically peeing myself with...'

I gasped.

My throat went dry, and my stomach did a 360.

A woman, with only the top half of her body, and sprawled out onto the pavement was staring straight at me. Her long wiry, scraggly hair, coated with dried up blood, hung loose and greasy over her ghostly white face, decorated with spots of dark blood. From the end of her body (which disturbingly stopped at her waist) was leaving a pool of blood behind it, and her cracked spine was slightly visible inside of it. Bits of the bone and tissue were pouring out like soup, and made me want to vomit just looking, but suddenly she moved.

CLICK.

One of her hands lurched forward, long, jagged fingernails fastened onto the rock.

Very slowly she dragged herself forward.

The realisation she was advancing towards me, hit me a ton of bricks and a hundred trucks all at the same time.

I snapped out of horror and ran, for my life.

CLICK.

CLICK.

CLICK.

Pause.

I didn't stop. Maybe she had got tired and paused for breath.

I gave smile of relief. I continued to run in triumph, and began to think.

'You know there is a very good chance it was just my imagination, I mean honestly, half a woman? The chances...'

Suddenly some long nails dug into my back.

Blood spurted out of my body, and I screamed in pain and horror.

As my life drained slowly out of my body, a voice hissed into my ear.

'Just a silly story, huh?'

The last thing I heard, a chuckle, echoing into the darkness.