EPILOGUE

On a fine Saturday.

Jimin opened his eyes in the morning to see Yoongi lying on him, nuzzled up against his neck.

Jimin whispered, 'Kitten...'

Yoongi hummed in response and moved to the side. Jimin hovered over him and kissed his cheek.

Yoongi flashed a smile with his eyes closed. Jimin nuzzled up against Yoongi's neck and stayed still.

Yoongi said, 'Now you know that you don't gross me out.'

Jimin chuckled softly and said, 'Sleeping naked while hugging each other is nice, too.'

Yoongi said, 'Especially after making out.'
Jimin said, 'Yesterday was nice...'
Yoongi said, 'Except for the part you were absolutely drained out.'

Jimin took off the blanket and sat on Yoongi.

Yoongi opened his eyes and said, 'What?'

Jimin said, 'I'm feeling active right now.'
Yoongi said, 'Go prepare something for breakfast then. I'm hungry.'

Jimin said, 'Why do you sound so innocent, Kitten?'
Yoongi said, 'I'm not innocent, baby. It's just that I don't talk the talk. I prefer to walk the walk.'

Jimin said, 'Is that so?' and leaned forward. He kissed Yoongi's left cheek and ear.

Yoongi hummed faintly and wrapped his hands around Jimin's hip.

Jimin whispered huskily in Yoongi's ear, 'You agreed to go out on a date with me today.'

Yoongi pushed Jimin to the side and hovered over him.

Jimin said, 'What?'
Yoongi said, 'Let's do it.'

Jimin said, 'Do what?'
Yoongi said, 'Whatever you wanted to do.'

Jimin quickly pushed Yoongi to the side and said, 'This?'

Yoongi said, 'I always choose the worst words to convey the best thing.'
Jimin said, 'Ah, Kitten, you meant the date.'

Yoongi said, 'I know what was on your mind. Let go of me.'

Jimin hummed in response and sniffed Yoongi's left cheek. He let go of Yoongi and got up from the bed.

After the morning chores and breakfast, Jimin drove Yoongi to a lake nearby. They sat on the lakeshore next to each other.

It was calming just to watch the dried leaves falling on the lake. The breeze brushed them constantly.

Yoongi rested his head on Jimin's right shoulder. Jimin kissed Yoongi's head and side-hugged him by his waist.

Yoongi said, 'I like it here. It's calming.'

Jimin whispered in a singing tone, 'You know... I know...'

Yoongi chuckled softly to which Jimin smiled in response.

After a minute of comforting silence, Jimin said, 'I wanna take you to a lot of places, Kitten.'

Yoongi said, 'I'd love to come with you, baby.'
Jimin said, 'I know.'

Yoongi flashed a shy smile in response.

Jimin said, 'There are lots of places in Busan, too.'

Yoongi took his head off Jimin and looked at him.

Jimin said, 'What? Is something wrong, Kitten?'
Yoongi said, 'I just wanted to ask you something.'
Jimin said, 'Oh... What is it?'

Yoongi said, 'Don't you miss your parents?'
Jimin said, 'Ah... I do... I'm glad that at least Ji-Hye contacts me.'
Yoongi said, 'How is she doing?'
Jimin said, 'She's fine.'

Yoongi hummed in response.

Jimin said, 'There is something else that you wanna ask me.'
Yoongi said, 'Uh... Yes, I guess...?'
Jimin said, 'I'm all ears. Ask me.'

Yoongi said, 'Have you ever thought of going back to your house in Busan and living with your parents?'
Jimin said, 'If it was just living there with my family, it'd have been another story. They want me to let go of you and marry someone. They want me to have a family.'

Yoongi didn't say a word in response.

Jimin continued, 'Even if it's just living there, I'd never go there leaving you behind. I do miss my parents but-'

Yoongi interrupted, 'So, you do want to go back, don't you?'

Jimin said, 'You know my answer already. Why are you still asking me?'
Yoongi said, 'I wanna hear it from you, Park Jimin.'
Jimin said, 'No, Kitten, I don't. My answer will always be no even if you ask me this after years.'

Yoongi said, 'I don't wanna keep you away from your family.'
Jimin said, 'You're not keeping me away from them, Kitten. They're pushing me away. It's not your fault.'
Yoongi said, 'You're right though.'

Jimin said, 'I'm glad that you don't have any depressing thoughts now even though your tablets are over.'
Yoongi said, 'Visiting Doctor Jung So-Min gives me nightmares.'
Jimin said, 'I know. She's a homophobic mess. I'm happy that you feel better now.'

A dry leaf fell on Jimin's head and Yoongi noticed it. He gently took it off with wide eyes. He put it on the ground and glanced at Jimin. He said, 'I feel fine because of you. If I never met you, I wouldn't be here adoring nature. I'd be dead by now, Park Jimin. Hoseok can't keep me alive forever.'

Jimin exclaimed, 'Ah, Hobi hyung will be coming back from Canada tomorrow!'

Yoongi said, 'Yes, and I hope he won't buy us tons of stuff from there. I can't with him anymore.'

Jimin said, 'He's amazing, Kitten! The bottle of champagne he bought us last month was absolutely awesome. If he does bring a lot of stuff this time, we can share them with Seokjinie hyung. Namjoonie hyung doesn't visit often. Taetae is always around and so is Kookie. No worries.'

Yoongi said, 'Mmm... You're right.'

Yoongi seemed to sulk and Jimin realised that changing topics never helps Yoongi stop mentioning what he was already talking about.

Jimin said, 'If I never met you, I wouldn't be here either. I'd have probably ended up looking into my parents' business affairs. I have my dream job as well as the man of my dreams now.'

Yoongi smiled a little and leaned forward to Jimin. He gently pressed his lips against Jimin's for a moment.

Jimin hugged Yoongi by his nape and kissed his left ear.

Jimin whispered, 'People are looking at us, Kitten.'
Yoongi said, 'I don't care, baby.'
Jimin said, 'That's my man.'

Yoongi kissed Jimin's neck, which he nuzzled up against soon.

After a minute, Jimin let go of Yoongi, and the latter flashed a shy smile at Jimin, making him chuckle softly and blush a little at the same time.

Yoongi positioned his head back on Jimin's shoulder. Jimin touched Yoongi's head with his.

Wearing a half-sleeve T-shirt over a full-sleeve one, Yoongi sat on the lakeshore with his head on Jimin's shoulder as he breathed in the fresh air.