-... ..- .-. -.

Raven sat cross-legged in the soft grass across from an abandoned building on the outskirts of the city. Her shoulder-length hair was blowing ever so slightly in the cool breeze of the mid-summer night. She leaned back; her palms resting on the cold ground behind her for support. She felt the hand of the teenager next to her rest gently atop her own.

"Raven?" they asked into the open air. The ginger-haired girl turned her head to look at her partner.

"Aster," Raven replied, looking at them with a curious expression plastered across her face.

"Do you think he'll know?" Aster questioned, worry laced in their voice. Raven gazed at her partner for a moment. She admired the way their shaggy short blue hair fell over their face, their beautiful grey eyes that always looked at her with so much love, even the small scar that ran across their left cheek. She intertwined their fingers and squeezed Aster's hand tenderly.

"I doubt it, darling." She smiled reassuringly at them. There was a glint of uncertainty that still remained in the blue-haired teen's eyes for a moment. Eventually, Aster gave Raven a small smile in return followed by a quick peck on the lips.

 The young couple returned their gaze to the building that sat ablaze across the street from them. They watched the flames dance across the burning wood as the inferno continued to engulf the old rickety building. Raven felt Aster rest their head on her shoulder and snuggle closer to her. She took this as an opportunity to wrap her arm firmly around her lover's waist in an effort to draw them even closer together. The two sat in a comfortable silence, serene in each other's presence. Raven sighed contently, holding the person she cared about the most as she watched the building in front of her burn into the next chapter of their lives. 

⊹₊⋆☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☀︎ ⋆⁺₊⋆☁︎⋆₊ ⊹

a/n: thank you so much for reading, i hope you enjoyed! this was just a silly story that 14-year-old me thought of during class one day that i decided to actually finish two years later. it's just a cute lesbian couple burning down a building, you know how it is :)

this was also cross-posted on ao3 where i have a different username, i didn't plagiarize this lmao

big thanks to my friend bagfullofeyes for beta reading this!

-rain <3