The Key To World Peace (Background)

"GERMANY! GERMANY!"

Ludwig halted in his steps. He stood silently in the middle of the hallway as he watched a scared Italy run up to him.

"Germany, everybody is fighting again and I tried to stop them but Russia hit me with his pipe!" Feliciano burst into tears as he showed Ludwig the raised spot on his head where he'd been hit.

"There, there, Italy." Ludwig consoled, gently rubbing his friends head to ease the pain. 

Deep down, the German was irritated. With each world meeting, the relationships between the countries only grew worse, and honestly, Germany was tired of being the one to diffuse fights.

Ludwig finally managed to calm Feliciano down, and even convinced him to walk with him to the meeting room. As they made their way there, the sounds of shouting grew more and more obvious. 

Finally, Germany stopped in front of the wooden double doors, trying his best to ignore the Italian who shivered behind him in fear. He cleared his throat, and prepared his mind for the worst as he finally swung the door open.

The sight he was met with was one he was used to.

"You bloody frog, how dare you call me that?"

"Well it's true, your eyebrows look just like ze bacon." Francis smirked smugly.

"That's no excuse to call me bacon brows!" The Englishman smacked the Frenchman on his head, eliciting a girly shriek.

"It kind of is, dude!" America laughed.

"Hush! The adults are talking." England commanded.

"You don't look like adult." Russia commented, looking down on the significantly shorter country. This made America laugh even more, which made England throw a teacup at him.

Soon, the entire room descended into chaos, with flying utensils and dishware flying all over the room as the countries tried to land a hit on one another.

"Aiya! What a waste of good china!" Yao cried, ducking under the table.

"Everybody please stop! Violence is never the answer!" Canada tried, only to get hit in the face with a plate by his brother.

"Germany, I'm glad you're here."

Ludwig looked to his left to see Kiku Honda, the personification of Japan, who stood far from the commotion, only silently observing but not wanting to get involved.

"I guess I have to be the one to stop them... as always." Germany sighed.

Italy clung to his arm, looking at him hopefully, "Please, Germany."

Ludwig inhaled deeply and Kiku and Feliciano made sure to back away, not wanting their eardrums to be burst.

"EVERYBODY SETTLE DOWN!" 

All the countries in the room flinched covered their ears at the loud exclamation that had come from Germany. They all turned to look at him.

"Can't any of you be civilized enough to not break into a fight each time we meet?!" He screamed, "Mein gott, it's as if you're small children and not countries that are centuries old!"

Some of the countries dropped their heads in shame, and others only continued to stare at Ludwig. Frankly, he was disappointed. World meetings once led to discussions of peace, not outbursts of violence.

"I'll be back." Ludwig breathed, moving to step out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Kiku questioned.

"Yes. I just need a moment alone. This has become too much for me to cope with time and time again." The German admitted, and this time, all the countries looked guilty.