1

I had plenty of rest,

it's time to get up and fight like I always used to do.

I feel somehow strange, I feel lost, I feel empty.

Why is my body lighter than usual?

Am I even alive?

                                  CHAPTER 1

I'm lying down in a fine sand and I could feel the waves touching my body as it hits the shore. I slowly moved my arms and opened my eyes, where am I?

look! there's a man by the shore! — people shouted

I glanced side to side then realized I was the one they were talking about. I got up on my own but as soon as I started to take a step, I felt the pain in both of my legs and fell. People rushed to help me but I told them to stay away.

"Young man, you're badly injured. You can't walk in this condition" an old man approached me and offered me a hand.

"You must be very lucky to survive the huge storm that's been going on for days. I'm guessing you're not from here. Where do you live?" he asked.

I had no other choice but to take his hand since my body is aching to death. "I live in the sea. I'm a pirate" I answered.

"A pirate? are you still 6?" the man asked and all the people who gathered around laughed with him. Anger crawled into my veins but before could launch my attack on that strange old man, I realized that my swords were missing. I glanced everywhere but all I could see are fishermen with their wives and children in their weird faces.

"Oy, where did you hide my swords? I swear I'll cut you all open for making a fun out of me" I asked the old man as I clenched my teeth.

"Pirates don't exist anymore, at least not here in Japan and we have no idea where your swords are." the old man said and helped me stand, he then signaled the people to leave.

We walked for few meters til we reached a small house with about 5 children sleeping in a very tiny space for a bedroom. I took a look at the sleeping children and glanced at all the walls in the house.

"This is my house and they are my children. We are poor but we're thankful we still have food on our table."

I stayed silent as he took some pillows and a blanket from an old box.

"Take these, you can sleep in the living room and stay with us for free until you'll figure out a way to go back home. I am Katagiri Juno by the way, what's your name young man?" he asked as he handed me the blanket.

I took the blanket and slightly bowed my head as a sign of gratitude.

"Roronoa Zoro"