chapter two: interaction

Did you miss me? I bet you do!

Hey, don't leave me here hanging!

...

2nd POV

You felt fear in your robotic body, you could feel yourself shaking as you were still shaken from what happened. You then heard footsteps approaching where you were, this made you stand up from your position in a hurry. 

"I heard a loud thud in here, are you alright?" It was just him. N asked with concern in his tone. He turned to the mirror, finding it shattered. He was confused, but his priority was you, not the mysteriously broken mirror beside him.  

"I'm fine, uh-" You answered as you smiled awkwardly, you wanted to tell him about what just happened to you, but you stayed silent, and you had no idea why. It's like you couldn't speak up about the topic for some reason. 

"Hm, say, let's get you out. You look like you just saw a ghost!" He reached out his hand for you as he spoke, he also gave you a soft smile. "Oh! Right." You were quite shy about the moment but took his hand anyway, You hesitantly followed him as you two walked back to the main part of the ship.

N's POV

"You know, I'm not even supposed to be awake right now. But the noise I heard alarmed me. I got worried about you! Are you really sure that you're fine after that?" I asked them as I lead them back to the ship, however, something felt off. Like, it was like they couldn't tell me what they wanted to tell me. This weird gut feeling, even if I do not have any organs, felt strange.

"Please, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." They replied to me with a sad smile, that got me even more concerned. "Well, if you say so..." I held their hand tight as I escort them. 

2nd/3rd POV

After about 5 minutes of walking, you two finally reached the central part of the ship. N then set himself on one of the chairs of the ship, crossing his legs and arms as he sat. And you? You just sat on the floor, just right beside N. The atmosphere was awkward since none of you tried to start a conversation to end the loud silence. N's tail swaying slowly and your hands fidgeting over the quiet and cold breeze in the ship. He looked like he wanted to speak, but he looked nervous. Well, let's be honest, you were as nervous as him. Since you two were alone in the base.

Y/N's POV 

"Oh robo-god, the aura in here is so awkward... should I maybe start the conversation? Ah but what if I mess up my words?" I thought to myself as I kept fidgeting my fingers from nervousness, if only Uzi was here, she would definitely put up a convo. 

"Uh... so N, do you want to talk about anything?" I asked softly about how tense I was, I looked at him with a fiddly look on my face. "Hm? Sorry, couldn't hear you. Could you uh... repeat that?" He chuckled, seems like he also shared the same tension I did, but he still kept his infamous smile on. I stood up and moved a little closer to him, so he could hear me. 

"Uhm, do you want to talk about anything? So we could at least stop on how awkward this is...?" I spoke louder this time, but it was still hushed. I really hope he didn't mind how close I was to him...

N's POV

"OH MY GOD, THEY'RE SO CLOSE TO ME?!?!?!" I screamed inside as Y/N spoke closer to me so I could hear them, I mean, I get that they wanted me to hear them but... I can't get the right words out of my mouth about how near they are to me! 

"I- uh- mhm! We can surely talk!!" Oh biscuits... I stuttered. "Like what though...?" I tilted my head slightly, then they suddenly reached for their bag.

2nd/3rd POV

Y/N took out their sketchbook, they seemed quite excited about what they were about to say. "Well, I actually wanted to show you my drawings! Uh, if you don't mind of course!" They exclaimed cheerfully as they stimmed a little, N found this really cute and started to tap his hands on his lap, he was stimming as well. "Of course, I don't mind! Show me ALL of your drawings!! I'll listen!" His nervousness disappears as you show him your art, he thinks you're very talented!

Y/N: "Okay so! This guy over here is named [ insert special interest here ]!! They're so cool I just love to draw them!"

*insert N being fascinated here*

N: "Woah! Those are really nice drawings!"

2nd/3rd POV

You two talked about art and N talked about how good of an artist you are for HOURS! N suddenly remembered something, he found something earlier that you might like. 

"Hey Y/N?" He tapped on your shoulder as you kept rambling about your designs and concepts until he tapped your shoulder, you stopped and looked at him. 

"O-oh! What's up?" You asked as you set your sketchbook down. "So, I actually found something outside while I was hunting earlier, I thought it would be nice to give it to you since..." He stopped his sentence, leaving the rest unsaid and looking a bit shy. 

"Since...? Is it because I don't have a hat like the others?" You guessed and patted your head. ".. I'm surprised that's the first thing you thought." N chuckles and pulls out a worker drone helmet, it was plain, but it looked new! 

"Here! For you." He smiles warmly at you and hands you the helmet, this made your robotic heart melt. "Aw! You didn't have to." You took the helmet from him and looked at it with a smile. 

"Well, what can I say? I don't want you to look empty without a hat!" He starts to giggle, and you start to laugh. What a lovely moment between you two! 

 What a lovely moment between you two! 

End of chapter 2.

helloooo!! how are yall? im so sorry for being on hiatus with book for so long! but i FINALLY finished this chapter!! chapter 3 is currently being written as well so stay tuned and have a wonderful day/night!

until next time! ;D