Part 1

Love comes in many shapes, in unexpected ways. Even for those who deem themselves unworthy of it.

***

Sister Eleonora stroked the embossed golden letters on the emerald-green leather cover of the heavy book she was holding. She had come across that book, by chance of course, in the Demonology section of the Sanctuary of Ortia's library, several moons ago. It contained the ritual for summoning Dantalion, one of the one hundred and eighteen Dukes of Hell and the seventy-first spirit of Solomon.

Making sure her bedroom door was locked, she lit the sandalwood incense sticks neatly placed on the dresser. She then pulled a piece of white chalk from the sleeve of her habit. Kneeling on the cold stone floor, she drew the sigil of the demon she wanted to summon.

"Avage ayer Dantalion on ca." Her whispers echoed in the sparsely furnished room. Apart from the dresser and the bed, there was only a small desk, where she could carry out her studies, and a chair. She leaned back, opening her arms as if ready to embrace an old friend. "Avage ayer Dantalion on ca."

"I thought we were past all that, child." Eleonora turned towards the bed, observing the demon that had taken the form of a woman lying there, nonchalantly. She swallowed dryly as she watched his naked body. The demon pushed his book away and rolled over, lying on his side and propped up on his elbow. "You know all you have to do is call me and I will come to you. You don't need all that bravado."

Nodding, she watched the way the demon's ash blond hair spilled over his bare breasts when he stood up. His pale blue eyes narrowed in her direction, as he walked the distance between them.

"That's not... What I'm looking for today."

"Oh?" The demon's pale skin darkened, the long blond hair turned short and black and his body stretched until he took the form of Father Dominic. The nun shook her head.

"He's not the one I want today, either."

Dantalion arched an eyebrow. A curious glint danced in his eyes.

"What is it you seek, angel?" His voice was now exactly the same as the priest's. He stepped closer, stroking her cheek with his thumb. "Tell me their name so I can take their form."

"Dantalion."

"I beg your pardon?" He grinned, clearly amused. "You can't mean..."

"I want your true form." She placed her hand on his chest. "I want to see you, just as you are."

"Not a chance. You would be driven mad if you saw my real self." He covered her hand with his own, stroking the soft skin with his thumb.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm willing to take that risk. And stop treating me as if I were a child. "

The corners of his mouth curved into a mocking smile.

"Do you still remember the first time you summoned me?" He leaned in, bringing his face closer to hers. "You were shaking like a leaf, and clutching your rosary so tightly your knuckles were completely white."

She stuck out her tongue, then slid it along his lower lip.

"I am no longer afraid of you, now that I know you." Eleonora caressed his face, glancing at him through her thick lashes. "I want to see the real you."

He seemed to ponder for a while, before squeezing her cheeks firmly between his fingers and pulling her face even closer to his. He was now so close that she could feel his breath on her skin.