Chapter 1-4: Preparing to Psync

Date wakes up in his apartment the next day after a night of drinking. While half awake, he stands up from the sofa and looks around. He doesn't see Mizuki anywhere.

Aiba?

Date quickly places Aiba on his eye.

"Good morning, Date."

Aiba, where's Mizuki?

"At school. Today is Monday."

Oh, right.

"You also have a message from Hitomi."

Play the message.

A screen visible only to Date and Aiba appears in front of them. A woman with brown, medium length hair appears on that screen.

"Date? Something's wrong with Iris. I've taken her to central hospital, please come as soon as possible!"

W-what the hell?

"This can't be good. We need to hurry, Date!"

Let's go.

Date drives off to the Toranomon district. He arrives at the hospital and finds Iris' room. The woman who left the message is there, next to Iris, who lays in a hospital bed.

"Date! You're here!" The woman stands up and hugs Date.

"Hitomi, what happened?" Date asks.

"I don't know" Hitomi answers, tearing up. "She went to a club last night, and when she came back, she was exhausted. This morning, I went to wake her up, and she was tossing and turning. Nothing I did would wake her up. I brought her to the hospital, and so far, they haven't been able to figure out what's wrong."

"Her vitals seem normal."

"So how is she asleep calmly right now?" Date asks.

"The doctors gave her medication to calm her down" Hitomi answers. "They haven't been able to figure out how this happened."

"Da... Te..." Iris begins to wake up.

"Iris! What happened!?" Date asks.

"Date. She just woke up. Be a little more gentle with her."

Right. My bad.

"Date... It was scary..."

"What was?"

"I... I went to see Abyssmare... I don't know what happened, but... I... I think I was in a trance... And... When I tried to sleep... I felt like... The Darkness... Was swallowing me up..."

Abyssmare again...

"Date. Do you think we should investigate them?"

I already said I didn't care, but...

"Date. We should at least look into them a bit. Perhaps there is some truth in the rumors of people feeling trance-like. We may as well at least ask Iris what she knows."

You have a point.

"Iris" Date finally speaks up. "Is there anything else you can tell me about the show?"

"I... Don't remember..." Iris answers. "I... Went into the venue... Next thing I know, I'm home..."

Is it possible she was drugged?

"There don't appear to be any drugs in her system."

How do you know that?

"I'm accessing the doctor's notes as we speak. No traces of any drugs were found. In addition, there have been rumors online that people who go see Abyssmare live experience some sort of trance."