.01

being an idol wasn't the easiest job considering all the rules that came with it.  no swearing, the filters, completely shaven, no dating.. well the no dating ban has been lifted for stray kids after 3 years and of course felix and hyunjin didn't waste any time.

hyunjin first fell in love with felix in 2018 around their debut. he was terrified that he lost his opportunity to be with felix when he was eliminated but thankfully he was brought back but unfortunately he couldn't be with him. not only was the dating ban present, he also didn't know how felix felt about him. so hyunjin just loved him in secret and desperately pined over him for years until 2021.

in 2021, it was announced that hyunjin will be going on hiatus. the group was shook with distraught and confusion. it was unexpected and the members felt as if he was being wrongfully punished; but no one was more upset than felix.

flashback

"hyune?" felix softly calls from behind hyunjin as packs his bags. hyunjin tried so hard to keep it together, he didn't want to cry in front of felix because if he did, felix would start to feel bad and he didn't want to make felix anymore sad than he already was.

"i'm sorry, felix." was all hyunjin could muster as me swiftly walked to his closet to retrieve more of his clothes.

"wait.. why are you apologizing?" felix stuttered as he frantically rushed over to hyunjin, confusion laced in his voice.

"i'm sorry for letting the team-" hyunjin paused as he sighed, choking on his tears, "for letting you down. i know we had plans to join kingdom as 8 and i wanted nothing more than to join you all but-" hyunjin just shakes his head as he finally turns to face felix and he instantly regrets it.

felix's bottom lip was slightly pouted and quivered while his eyes were glistening with sweet little tears drop just waiting to spill over the constellations on his cheeks. he could tell felix wanted to be strong for him as well. but he also knew how soft felix was and how he cried for everyone.

so hyunjin didn't hesitate as he took one step forward and engulfed felix into his arms. he finally let his own tears spill when he felt the shaking from felix's shoulders as he sobbed and heard the muffled cries. all he could do at the moment was hold him tighter so he can always remember how his arms felt around felix and so he can always remember how it felt to have the man of his dreams in his arms.

hyunjin's heart being torn was an understatement.
he was completely and madly in love with felix and it was difficult for him to stop thinking about felix for one second, so imagine hyunjin having to be away from such a beautiful blessing for so long. it was impossible.

he nuzzled his nose into felix's hair and sniffed it, inhaling the citrus shampoo felix used in his hair. he was going to miss felix and everything about him. he always watched felix closely, he knew felixs morning routine, skincare routine, workout routine.. you name, hyunjin knew it. he needed to pay close attention to felix if he was going to take care of him.. and possibly make him his one day. he needed to make it known he was serious about felix.

after feeling like enough tears were spilt, hyunjin pulled away and held felixs face in his, "No more crying, angel. you are too precious and beautiful for that." hyunjin wipes the remaining lingering tears away.

"i'm sorry this is happening to you, hyunjin. i wish i can do more... this isn't right." felix says, blubbering over his words as he aggressively tries to wipe away a few stranglers of tears that wanted to make themselves known.