Chapter 1 Osaka

P.A: "Welcome to Osaka, please, watch your step. The P.A blared, yet it still wasn't enough to wake up taiga, who was sound asleep on Ryuuji's shoulder. "Taiga, Taiga, wake up we're here" said Ryuuji in a calm voice to not startle her for his own safety. Taiga awoke to Ryuuji smiling at her. Flustered, she said: "what are you some kind of perv watching me sleep? Stomping on his foot. Ryuuji simply smiled with taiga, eventually smiling back at him half asleep. A bit nervous from the large crowd around her, she clung onto Ryuuji's arm as tightly as she could. The couple got up from the train and stepped onto the platform. Taiga, now fully awake from the huge crowd around her, tugged lightly on Ryuuji's shoulder. Ryuuji looked back at her inquisitively. "Hey Ryuuji, why'd you have to pick such a big city?" Asked Taiga. "Well, Osaka is a big city which has a lot of well priced business hotels to live in and might have some nice job opportunities". Said Ryuuji with utmost confidence. Taiga couldn't help but admire it for a second. Taiga said" But there's so many people, how can you find a job without even having a high school diploma." "Uhhh well I guess I can try to work at a restaurant for a while? We also both have experience from when we filled in for Yasuko." Responded Ryuuji. "Well maybe we should find somewhere to stay tonight it's going to get dark soon and we could get something to eat. Maybe.. like a date and then go back to the hotel? Said Taiga, immediately turning red like a chameleon adapting to its environment. Ryuuji looked down turning red himself and said in a sheepish manner, "Well I was thinking of coming up with some sort of excuse for why we won't be at school for the next 2 months but if you wa-". Taiga gave him a quick jab in his gut. Ryuuji was sort of used to it at this point but still took a step back in pain. "How could you make me say something so humiliating in broad daylight and then turn me down you dumb dog?". She shouted. "Well if you want we can do that instead, wait did you say hote-"? Taiga spun around and gave him a back kick. Causing a few bystanders to pause in order to see what was going on, " I have no idea what you're talking about '', responded Taiga, looking away and blushing profusely, continuing their walk into the city. "Well maybe we can go to a cafe for an hour." Ryuuji responded. "Well maybe we should just find a good hotel for the night. And some food I thought I said I was starving!" said Taiga, trying to guilt trip Ryuuji a bit. Ryuuji, completely oblivious to the fact, agreed and continued,walking with her "I think I've heard of this hotel that has a nice restaurant by the lobby maybe if we talk to the owners we can work out a deal so it's cheaper since we are staying for so long." Ryuuji started to grow pink again then added," We can maybe also have that, uh, date you were talking about there too." Taiga's cheeks flushed as she tried to cover up her grin, "Fine but it better be close by, my feet hurt." Taiga said in an annoyed tone."Don't worry it is." responded Ryuuji, grabbing Taiga's hand again. The 2 strolled down the street, far from home, in the big city, all alone, and looking for a place to stay.