Staying?

I was riding my bike through the streets of Miami looking for a good place to sit down and think about what to do for the next few weeks during the Summer. My older brother was walking with his new girlfriend he was able to get within the first week he was here. He was hard to miss with his blond hair waving in the breeze. I stopped at a bench that sat near a pond, laying my bike against a tree.

"Hey," He said waving his free hand.

"Hi." I said looking at a turtle walking to the lake.

They kept on going walking towards her house. I couldn't think of anything to do so I started to get up to go home when a girl I hadn't met yet sat down next to me. I decided to stay for a bit longer. She seemed about my age or just a little younger.

"Hi, what's your name." I said after a long silence.

"Ruby." She said so quiet it was barely audible. She had a teal shirt on and a dark blue skirt.

"You look nice." I said

She smiled and said "Thanks, your sweet." With that she grabbed my hand and pulled me into standing position and led me to a pink bike.

"Follow me." I didn't argue. She rode her bike to a house that was made out of stone. She opened a gate and asked me to stay here. The afternoon sun hovered above me making me break a sweat. I walked to a nearby tree cherishing the coolness it gave me. She came out in a cover up. Then it hit me, she was going swimming. I'm from a city where swimming wasn't important so I didn't know how to swim. This made me nervous. That wouldn't look so good. Good job your 15 and don't know how to swim. I thought.

"Come on!" She yelled hopping on to her bile. Just a few minutes ago she seemed so shy. I thought while hopping on to my own bike.

Ten minutes later were at a pool with about eight or nine other people in it. She took off her cover up and jumped in. I took off my shoes and socks and put my feet in. She splashed me and says, "Jump in its not cold."

"It's fine." I hesitated before I said it so it kind of gave me away. You are not doing so good today. One of the boys from the pool swam to me and said "There are a bunch of girls in bikinis and your sitting here!?"

"I just don't ... like swimming."

"Your in Miami, and you don't like swimming?" He looked like I had just insulated him. Ruby got out of the pool and dried off. We biked to her house and when she got home she was opening the gate "Bye," Ruby said sadly, like she had a bad time.

"Bye."

She looked at me, Then she surprised me when she said, "Lets go swimming tomorrow at 4:00, meet me there."