⏳Chapter 7 (Part 2/4): So Far So Good?🖊

You say goodbye to the driver and exit the car, standing at the entrance of the school. It's still taking you a bit to get used to this kind of thing, but you're sure you'll adapt to it with time.

You walk ahead up some steps, seeing Chloe walking quickly towards you from the front doors. 

"Hey Chloe." You wave, smiling. 

"Hey, you- ready for your second day of school with moi?" She puts her hand to her chest, smiling in return.

"You know it." You bump your shoulder against hers, making your way inside with her.

You look around, wondering if Marinette's gotten to school yet. "Hey Chloe, do you know where Marinette is?"

"Marinette?" She sighs, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. "Marinette is always late. She's done it for years. Though, I guess some of those times were because she was Ladybug..which would make sense."

"Huh, I see..hold on a sec, where's Sabrina? She's usually by your side." 

"Well- she wanted to have some alone time for today so..I told her she could. I'll admit though, it does feel a bit..lonely without her here." She holds one of her arms with her hands.  "I'm so used to her being right next to me, so I can always have someone to talk to."

"I can see that. Well-" You put your hand on her shoulder. "You've got me, right? I'm here, aren't I?"

She turns to you, giving you a small, genuine smile. "Yeah, I suppose you'll do."

You chuckle, turning towards the entrance as more students walk into the building.

"And you know, I just- I've decided to distance myself. For both of our sakes." Marinette walks beside Alya, talking quietly with her about something. 

"Well, if that's what you wanna do.. I wouldn't stop you. I'm honestly still in shock about the fact that you were Ladybug in the first place- I just hope whoever takes on the role next does it right so we don't have a repeat." 

"Me too.. Oh, hello you two!" Marinette waves upon noticing you and Chloe. You give her an awkward wave back. Chloe simply nods her head upwards as a greeting. 

"Hey, Marinette."

"Hmm..usually you're late, Marinette. What brought the sudden change?" Chloe raises a brow, looking over her. 

"Oh, well- I'm working on fixing my sleeping schedule nowadays, so I can actually wake up on time." She smiles awkwardly. "No more running late for me."

You see a small crowd begin to form around the entrance and glance outside, spotting Adrien trying to move through a group of people.

"Please, I need to go to school, can't you wait for this?" He sounds very stressed. You're a bit relieved no one knows about your family status.. Should probably help him out a bit. 

You walk away from whatever conversation the three girls were having, making your way over to him and pushing through the crowd. You stand in front of him, holding out your arms in case you need to push people away.

"Okay okay, break it up, people- we get it, you like Adrien. But give the man some space, for crying out loud." 

He looks at you in awe, and you simply grab his arm, mouthing "Go with it" as you drag him away and into the school.

You close the doors, letting out a sigh. "Do you have to deal with this every day?"

"Not every day..but pretty often-"

"Jeez, I don't know how you can stand all that." You let go of his arm, resting yours at your sides.

"Thanks for saving me. If you hadn't come to my rescue I don't know how long I would've been stuck there." He smiles.