[ 20. das sound machine ]

| y/n's pov |

"REMIND ME AGAIN why we are at a car show?" Flo asked Chloe as we went up an escalator.

"We're here for one reason and one reason only, to scout the competition." Chloe responded.

"It's totally gonna help us win the Worlds if we know what we're up against." Emily nodded.

"Alright, now where are those tour thieves?" Chloe got to the top and then exclaimed. "Stacie!"

"Keep it in your pants, maybe." Beca held up a hand at Stacie, who was lying on the hood of a car and letting men take pictures of her.

"Stacie!" I walked up to her with Fat Amy.

"What?"

We met with the other Bellas and got inside to the main room where the stage was.

"What the...? This all should've been ours." Chloe frowned. "I hate these Germans."

"Holey a-ca-moley!" Flo gasped as the cars onstage started to reverse.

"Okay, the cars moved. Nothing else happened yet." Chloe acted unimpressed.

"But they're moving backwards with ghosts driving them." Fat Amy whispered.

The lights flickered off and the screens were showing white noise as a static hissing noise filled the room.

"Hey." A voice whispered from beside me and Jesse stood there.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I whispered back in confusion, he went to respond but he was cut off.

The screens came back to life with a woman's head taking up the entire screen. "We are..." It glitched. "We are Das Sound Machine, a German collective operating in concert to create sonic... sonic mastery. What better way to appreciate automotive perfection?"

"Wow, these guys are legit." Jesse whispered as the screen flickered again.

The screens turned off and singing could be heard through the room.

"They will not control us, We will be victorious" The voices had thick German accents as they sang.

There were so many bright flashing lights as a few of the Das Sound Machines seemed to be imitating dubstep.

"Paranoia is in bloom The PR transmissions will resume" A man was walking to the front of the stage. "They'll try to push drugs and keep us all dumbed down And hope that we will never see the truth around"

As he sang, more and more group members came onstage. They had more people in their group than if the Bellas and the Trebles were combined.

Lights lit up on a woman standing at the back of the stage as she started singing along.

"Come on!"

"Another promise, another seed, Another packaged lie to keep us trapped in greed" She made her way through the stage quickly so she was beside the lead man. "And all the green belts wrapped around our minds And endless red tape to keep the truth confined"