𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐀𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 & 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞

ADRIANO
The sounds of bullets resound between my men and Javier's. They silently beg me to let them have fun and throw bombs but they won't dare say it after my stern warning to stop thinking about it cause I don't want to risk harming my wife in Javier's car.

I force my body through the window before firing a couple bullets in hope to immobilize and halt Javier's car. 

He didn't expect to take my wife away smoothly, did he?

I wish I had Novalie's impalement gifts on my side as she would have flattened their tire with one of her stars ages ago had it been she were here.

She had only been gone a couple minutes and even the last fiber of my being misses her. Every fucking piece of her.

"Fine," I say to my men on the other line and they don't even try to hide their joy.

"But nowhere near my wife."

"Noted boss," I could feel the smirk on the face of one of my men behind the phone. 

They don't spare me a second more before I see a bomb hit, explode and push back the van of Javier's men from the impact before it completely erupts in flames a few feet ahead of us.

Chaotic bastards

I guess that's the end of his men's journey and if any of them even managed to survive, they will be catching up with their boss by foot.

Well, if their foot is still existent and functioning.

"Let's get back," I tell Lopez. That's all we can do for now seeing as we don't have an adequate plan, enough backing, and weapons at hand. It will be foolish to follow and persist. We've done all we can for now, we've sent our warning.

I'm sure as hell getting my wife back soon.

•••
NOVALIE
Light seeps through as my eyes flicker open. I blink back to rid myself of blurry vision just as a rush of pain hits me from my skull and the past events come rushing in as well too.

I feel a big warm hand softly making repeated motions, rubbing against my shoulder with his thumb.

Adriano?

Has he come to save me already?

I lazily rub my hands over my eyes and blink some more so I can see my beloved but when my vision clears, it's not him.

I startle back, Uncle?

Or Dad?

"Princesa?" My father says and the emotions in that moment overwhelm me. This is my father. How could I have possibly mistaken him before?

"It's really you this time, Dad," I blink back tears of relief. Relief that is only there because I haven't stopped to access my situation.

"Yes Carina," I identify that voice as my mum's.

She's here too?

"Yes baby, I'm here too," she says again as if reading my mind.

"But where exactly is here?" I question as I adjust my head and squint back at the pain from my head at the motion. I don't miss the glimmer of sadness in my parent's eyes as the mood becomes sober.

"Captivity. Your Uncle is holding us," my father explains.

"How did he get to you guys?" I recall talking to my mum in the past week. Our last conversation was hesitant and brief, I assumed she was once again fussing over something petty.

"And what of Miguel?" I knew I was ambushing them but I can't help but worry. I hadn't talked to Miguel in a while now and that was not completely unusual as he disappears sometimes probably getting fucked up and shitfaced.

"Let's give that a break now, sweetie. How's Adriano and the union?" My father asks genuinely concerned. I want to persevere but I sense we'll be having enough time to discuss that so I choose to please my father for now.

"He's been marvelous. Yes, I was mad at you a little for shipping me off to a stranger at first but now, I don't mind your decision at all," I smile ear to ear as I speak to Dad.

"Tell me more, Bébé," my father urges me. We're all seated on the hard floor and I seat opposite my parents who are cuddled up together and sending me smiles and their rapt attention.

"Adriano, he's really sweet. He takes care of me, he's always talking about protecting me and his sister? Oh my- she's just delightful. His whole family is. When we got to Italy we stayed with his parents for a bit and went house hunting together. One of the occasions I got to pull up my infamous pink heels and nearly decapitate a man," I begin my yapping.

"That sound like a lot of fun," my mum giggles into Dad.

Way to go making me feel lonely, parents.

"He even let me have my own room. He is just so thoughtful and his patience, ugh, I don't know how a person manages that. He gives me back rubs every night till I fall asleep and asks me how I feel about every little thing. God, I just miss him and-"

"Sweetie?" my mum interrupts my absolute Adriano-praise.

Was I just gushing about my husband?

You sure were.

"Why do you think he married you and is so nice to you?" My dad asks suddenly.

"He says he wants to protect me and maybe that might be part of the agenda but I think he stays in the marriage because perhaps, he feels the same," I answer Dad's question nonetheless.

"Define, the same," Mum doesn't even try to hide her amusement.

"Well, I think we like each other," I don't pay mind to her jolliness

"I think not," Dad says quickly.

"I think you love him," Mum corrects me.

"That's the word," Dad reiterates smiling down at her.

"Huh?" I was dumbfounded

" My daughter is in love," Mum looks up at Dad now and he gives her a quick kiss on the lips.

Oh please

"No, I'm not."

At least I think

"Sure you're not," they giggle together again, ecstatic.

Do I love Adriano?

°°°
So sorry for the delay, I've been having a huge writer's block🥲
I'm not sure I've talked about the name change on here but I posted it on my message board though so you can go there to see why if you care to.

Thank you so much for reading 🌚

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you want to 🥺🤷 (but please do it encourages me in times like this)

Have a great day!❤️
~shameful amount of words😂
•••