Once it was....

It was a stormy night. I was walking through a forest path. The thunder echoed in my head. I was all alone. I hurried by gripping the torch tightly in my hand.

The lightning gleamed on the path. The trees giggled in the cold wind. I shivered and quickened my paces.

Suddenly, I had a deafening sound, which I thought was just a thunder. But I saw a light, it was coming near to me.

For a moment, I rubbed my eyes and looked again.

No...... this is not an illusion and I'm not dreaming.

Something large and magnificent was coming. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran.... and ran.... It followed me until it got overhead.

I froze, my legs were paralysed, I could hear only one voice - my pounding heart's.

I saw it....

It... It was a magnificent vehicle like a UFO which I've only seen in movies. A silhouette of mesmerizing beauty and menacing was above me.

I felt like I was falling, my head was spinning
and I.... fell.

A hand woke me up. I was startled.
where am i? was that a dream? which is this planet?

I ran my eyes all over. I saw
A creature, shorter than me with white shining costumes and a helmet made of something coming near to me.Its eyes were dark blue and I could barely see it through the helmet. I also saw the white color of its hand which it was covered in the suit partly.

when it came nearer, I panicked and I started sweating all over. then

I screamed....

The creature stopped at once. Its blue eyes were fixed on me. Again It slowly started coming towards me.

''Don't Worry. I'll not harm you....Calm down..." It said in a highly pitched voice.

I wanted to ask it why I was kidnapped. But no words came out of me. It came nearer and stood before me.

''We'll leave you soon. But you'll be with us for a hour or two. '', again it spoke.

I didn't know why, my heart seemed to calm down at that moment. For once, I thought I would be safe.

"Where am I and who are you?" I managed to speak those words.

"You are on a ship, we're taking you to future.... , to our home." It answered.

"You can call me Alec.", saying that he sat on something and stared at me, for me to speak something.

I looked at Alec, wondering the existence
of aliens and the fact that I'm going to another planet.

A few minutes passed away.

Then I heard a sharp beep noise.

"we're there" alec informed me. He gave me a suit and an oxygen bag and said me to wear it, which I did.

Then A giant door opened before me, where I saw many short creatures like Alec.

Another door opened and one of the creature spoke "You're in our planet....Alec will show you around. Go with him.... . Be safe."

At the first sight of thier home I was astonished, to see that the planet had thick brown dirty atmosphere, miles and miles of isolated desert. One or two ruins laid here and there. I saw no sign of water, trees, plants, buildings and ....life.

"Is.... Is this Your planet" I enquired.

"Yes we live underground....This planet wasn't like this all the time. It was once a beautiful home", alec spoke in a sad tone.

I looked in his blue eyes.

"then what happened?", I couldn't help asking.

"Our ancestors. they destroyed everything ....they ruined the nature, the water and the air. They broke their own home and broke themselves."

I felt sad for him. Alec called it their home and yet didn't look like one.
That planet was filled in darkness....

I sighed in despair.

Alec spoke again," we weren't like this before, our body evolved like this as time passed. Our ancestors didn't realize that this was their only home, they just.... didn't care",

I breathed heavily through the oxygen bag, which they gave me before.

"There is no big life in here, expect for us and .... We only live for fifteen to twenty years'' ,he said as we started walking towards the ship.

We went in. Another creature bought my oxygen bag. Everyone was looking at me, I got perplexed.

I've forgotten that I've been abducted till that moment.

"Did you like our planet", one of them asked.

I didn't know what to say and just glanced at him.

I Guessed my eyes answered its question. It smiled at me and patted my legs, and went away.

Alec pointed me to sit on something. "We're going back to your time", he informed while he was wriggling his hands on a machine which had screen and keys.

I sat and looked at him... I really felt sorry for him.

He was living in a planet, where there's no water and no air for a breathe. I wondered how they managed to live... And for what.

Some kind of sympathy embraced
me for him.

Alec looked at me, his blue eyes were motionless. He smiled and....I smiled back, then he turned his head and continued what he did. I didn't know what to say.

I felt angry to his ancestors, and to what they did. If they were a little careful and selfless, all this wouldn't have happened.For why did they destroy their own home? What did they fought for? And in the end everything was in devast.

I had many questions to ask him and I asked one, which was my last question,

"Alec" I called him and enquired "what do you call your planet? "

Once again he slowly turned his head with his eyes down, then he looked at me. His blue eyes twinkled. He answered "Earth"....

The End

Thanks to,
You and
Wattpad

I would be pleased if you vote for my book.

Please report me if you found any physical or grammatical mistake.

Follow me for more stories....