Chapter 1: Truth

Lauren's POV:

"Just go home Abi!", I pushed my sister away from me as she begged me to return home, sober.

And that's when I heard it, his voice, the voice I had missed hearing for so long, the voice that had last said to me, "We're over.", the voice that made me feel pain and joy at the same time, it was Joey's. "Lauren?", he questioned in a worried tone, "Are you alright?".

Keep it together Lauren, stay strong. But I couldn't, he just had that effect on me, when I was around him I couldn't help but just be who I am, who I really am. "No!", as the word escaped, the tears began to flow, "No, I'm not alright!", I stuttered and gasped through the tears.

"Come here.", he whispered in a calming voice and he opened his arms and gestured for me to come to him, like a helpless, emotional teenager, I ran towards him and hugged him tightly. I closed my eyes and just thought about how much I missed him, how much I missed hugging him, how much I missed talking to him; I was a mess, a drunken mess.

"Joey, can you help me with the bins please?". This voice was different, this voice infuriated me, I could feel the rage burning up inside me and I squeezed Joey a little tighter.

"Just a minute, Luce."

"Now please, Joey!", her voice grew impatient, all she wanted was Joey away from me so she could have him all to herself, but I knew he didn't love her, he never did. Slowly, Joey loosened his hold, so I had to let go too. He gave me one last sympathetic look and headed into the Café.

Lucy began to walk over to me, "Not as drunk as usual, I see?", she said smugly. "You know what I think, I think you should leave Joey alone and stop chasing after him."

"Do you want me to slap that smirk off your face, Lucy Beale? 'Cause I will do it, you know!", just then Joey appeared in the doorway and looked on, along with other people on the market. "I will slap you, just like how you spiked my drink in the Vic!"

"Yeah, but Joey doesn't know that, and he doesn't believe you either. His own girlfriend, he didn't trust you or believe you! Well, I guess that's what happens when you date someone in your family! But now Joey's mine, and he'll never believe anything you say again!". Out of anger, rage and upset my hand lifted and thrust itself into Lucy's face, "Is that all you've got? I spiked your drink and that's all you've got?"

Joey's POV:

I stood and watched in utter shock and disbelief, Lauren was right and I just believed Lucy! I couldn't move or say anything, all I could think about was how much hurt and pain Lauren has been going through.

All of a sudden, Lucy fell to the ground, her nose coated in blood and Lauren stormed off. Quickly, I ran towards Lucy, everyone around me surprised. She tried to reach for my hand to pull herself up but I moved it in the opposite direction. "Joey!", she whined in a sad voice, "Look what she did to me!".

I bent down to Lucy's level, as she was still on the floor. "You deserved that slap, you deserved that slap and much, much more."

"Joey?!", she began crying as I left her on the floor, and headed off, in search of Lauren.