CHAPTER 11

Y/n sighed as she stared at the pouring rain. As much as she loved the sound and smell of the damp grass and air, she didn't bring her umbrella with her.

As she stared outside the gym windows, a ball came toward her. She caught it just in time and turned to look at Oikawa. They locked eyes and she tilted her head.

"Oikawa-Senpai..?"

"Stop looking so gloomy, Y/n-Chan." He pouted.

She nodded, "Right... sorry about that."

Oikawa's pout twitched downward slightly. He went up to Y/n and flicked her forehead, "What's with you today? It's a Saturday, you're supposed to be glad you're out of school."

She hummed, "I am," she paused, "I..."

'I shouldn't tell him. I'm not even sure if it's Akari or not spreading the rumors, I shouldn't assume.'

"I'm just tired." She smiled slightly. "I'm fine though."

Oikawa stared at her before taking the volleyball from her hands and bouncing it against her forehead.

"Ack!" Y/n rubbed her forehead and huffed, "What was that for?"

"I know you're not fine, Y/n-Chan."

Her eyes widened, "Yes I-"

"I know you're not fine because I've used that excuse plenty of times before."

"..."

"I'm not going to pressure you into telling me, but just know that I'm here." For the first time Y/n had known him, he seemed serious. And it wasn't the type of serious when he would play volleyball.

Y/n nodded, "Right, thanks." She smiled a little. "Just a little stressed."

It was just the two of them in the gym. Oikawa had called her so he could practice his serves and sets. Y/n happily agreed in hopes to look after the boy and his hurt leg.

"I think that's enough for today." Oikawa smiled and placed the volleyball on the rack.

Y/n looked out of the gym doors and sighed once again.

"You didn't bring your umbrella?" Oikawa questioned from behind her and soon got to her side.

She nodded, "I hate getting wet."

The boy laughed, "There's some fun to it, y'know?" He smirked a little and ran outside.

Y/n's red eyes widened at the sight of her upperclassman running into the rain.

"Oikawa-Senpai, what are you doing!?" She yelled at him, "You'll get sick!"

He laughed, "Who cares? It's fun!"

Y/n sweatdropped. She was about to say something before Oikawa pulled her in the open by her hand. Rain pattered against her skin and she shivered at the cold feeling. Though she loved the sensation all the same.

Y/n reminisced in the cool water. Oikawa was still holding her hand and they looked into each others eyes. Oikawa was smiling widely and chuckled.

"Let's dance, Y/n-Chan!" He exclaimed before twirling her around.

Y/n yelped and let Oikawa do as he pleased. When he stopped twirling her, she steadied herself on her feet before smiling a little.

The stress of the rumors and school rolled off her in an instant. She laughed lightly and spun around in the rain.

Oikawa joined in. They both danced and jumped in the water filled air. At one point, Oikawa took Y/n by her hips and lifted her off the ground. Y/n instinctively wrapped her arms around the boys neck to hold on. The volleyball captain spun Y/n in the air and smiled up at her.

Y/n smiled back down.

They stared.

Their smiles slowly disappeared as Oikawa looked at her stunning appearance in the rain.

Her h/c hair was clinging to her face and her red eyes were gleaming in the feeling of excitement. Y/n's outfit for the day was stuck to her skin, showing off her figure. Finally, her wet skin glistened in the sun peeking from the dark clouds above.

Oikawa blushed. 'What's happening?' He thought to himself. He couldn't look away, he didn't want to. Not when Y/n looked so... kissable..?

His eyes widened and he immediately let the girl down.

He smiled sheepishly and avoided eye contact. "Sorry, I got carried away." He chuckled nervously.

Y/n smiled gently, "It's okay, Oikawa-Senpai, it was fun!" Her gentle smile turned to a bright one that seemed to take over the dark and cloudy sky.

Oikawa gulped.

"Yeah, it was." A dorky smile crawled onto his face. "It was really fun!"

Y/n giggled. She hasn't felt that free in forever. The only other time she did was when she was younger. That innocence every child once had could never be beaten, and she wished she could have that same carefree mind like back then.

But while staring at Oikawa in the rain, she figured that she may have been an innocent and carefree child. But she also didn't have friends. She didn't make memories. And this, right here, in front of her— was a memory she would never forget.

<>

The rain was finally calming down, only a light drizzle pattered the sidewalks as he treaded through puddles that had gathered up.

As Oikawa walked home in the rain, he couldn't get that image of Y/n out of his head. Why did she look like that? Why did he have the urge to kiss those precious lips that he looked at everyday?

He shook his head, "Stop thinking like that." He mumbled to himself and closed his eyes. 'But what is it? Don't tell me..'

His eyes widened, 'Am I falling for her?'

<>

Y/n walked through the door to her home and was met by Daki and Gyutaro sitting on the couch.

Daki looked up and her eyes widened, "Y/n-Sama, you're soaked!" She got up from her spot on the couch and rushed towards the teen. "You're going to get sick." Daki grabbed her shoulders and frowned, "Why didn't you call one of us to pick you up?"

Y/n smiled a little, "No reason. I like the rain."

Gyutaro looked up from his phone, "What?"

"Y/n-Sama... are you alright?" The woman out her hand to Y/n's forehead.

Y/n nodded, "Never been better." She got out of Dali's grasp and took her shoes off, "I'm going to take a shower. Call me when dinner's ready." She smiled and walked out of the room.

The siblings looked at each other, confused and bewildered. They remember all too many times what kind of mood Y/n would be in because of the rain.

The both thought one thing.

'Y/n-Sama doesn't like rain.'