1

Waking up to the feeling of arms wrapped around my body was not what I expected to wake up to. I opened up my eyes glancing around at the room to see it was almost completely dark, some light coming in through the curtain covered windows.

Memories come back flashing to me. Going to some random party, getting ditched by my friends then in comes this guy who rescued me.

I reached out to what looks like a nightstand, patting down on it trying to find my phone. I sighed in relief when I felt it and brought it close to me, turning on the flash I got up from my spot and started walking around the room trying to find my clothes.

When I got my jeans and bra on I heard the guy start to wake up and I groaned in annoyance. I had wanted to be up and out of here by the time he woke up. I wasn't looking to go for another round, or get kicked out.

The man mumbles something sounding exhausted and I couldn't help but to smile. Finally spotting my shirt I grabbed onto it, but before I could put it on I got interrupted by a voice.

"Where are you going?" He asked and I turned around in my spot as I walked towards the guy who was looking up at me with a curious look on his face.

"I've got to get going, my friend is gonna get worried if I dont get back soon" he nods his head, frowning. I smiled as I leaned down and kissed him on the forehead. "Thanks for the amazing night cutie"

He blushed and I smiled, pulling away as I put my shirt on. I put my shoes on then headed on out. Thankfully not running into anyone on my way out.

I got to my car, putting it into reverse as I backed out of his driveway.

***

When I got back to my friend's parents house I instantly felt uneasy. Not because I knew her parents would be worried sick about where I was or even that my friend was going to be worried about where I was but because of the random car in the driveway.

Something about the car had me worried and when I got into the house I instantly knew why it had felt off.

"Lindsey" I greeted her with a frown. She gives me a comforting smile then proceeds to take in my appearance with a frown on her face. I shifted on my feet uncomfortably at her gaze, feeling ashamed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, as her eyes met mine once again. She looks apologetic as she glances behind me then back at me. Lindsey is my social worker. As in the woman that's been there for me since my mother passed away.

Judging by the look on her face I'm guessing she's not bringing good news. Looking over my shoulder I see Olivia and her parents standing there with frowns on their faces. "What's going on?" I asked, turning back around to stare at Lindsey.

"We finally found you a permanent home!" She tells me to try to sound as exciting as possible. My permanent home was supposed to be with Olivia and her parents. Although they've been having some trouble around the house lately so I'm not surprised that they are giving me up. Technically the permanent home thing was never official; they just always told me that I was going to stay with them.

"Where is it?" I asked, tilting my head in curiosity. Maybe I could visit Olivia and her family sometimes, maybe. Lindsey frowns and I instantly knew what she was going to say wasnt going to be good.

"California" My jaw drops. I dont wanna live in fucking California.

"Are you serious?" I asked, she nodded her head, sending me a sad look. California is almost a two day drive from New Hampshire.

"I'll go help you pack" Lindsey tells me and I shake my head. "No don't worry about it, I'll go do it" She nodded her head and I headed towards the stairs, ignoring the stares of Olivia and her family.