SPIRAL

"This tower's way taller than the last one we climbed, huh."

Mingi mumbles, resting on the back of their vehicle as Yunho drives.

"Yeah... I don't even know if this structure is safe..."

Mingi laughs softly at that,

"Wish we could've used the elevator outside?"

Yunho bit his lip, before nodding.

"Yes, but I don't wanna die yet."

Mingi is literally laughing now,

"What do you mean? It didn't fall off did it?"

"Mingi- As if the rope coming off while we were rising up isn't enough!"

"Oh, come on, we were almost there~"

"Mingi, we weren't even half way up back there!"

Mingi tries to stifle a laugh as he remembers the way Yunho's face became so pale and he instantly turned into a scared puppy right after the elevator suddenly came into a halt and they heard the loud snap of the elevator ropes snap into two making the elevator hang in the air unevenly.

Before Mingi could talk again and apologize, though, Yunho cut him off with a shush.

"Let's just stop, we won't get anywhere with this. We're already climbing up here anyway."

Yunho exhales and that's the end of that conversation. Except, Mingi is still stiffling his laugh in the back and Yunho's trying not to blush in embarrassment because he knows mingi will never stop the teasing even if he tries to.

"Mingi, stop it! It's not funny!"

"Yun, you really turn into a coward when you're up high, huh?"

Yunho gives up. He pressed his lips into a thin line in annoyance before lowering his head in an attempt to hide.

"Shut up!"

•••

"We sleep, wake up, eat, and move...then sleep again. When you think about it, our lives go around and around, too..."

Yunho thoughts out loud, hands tightly holding onto the handles of the Kettenkrad as they reached higher. Mingi hums behind him, lost in his own thoughts as he gazes up toward their nearing destination.

"Life's just like a spiral..." Mingi mumbles in reply, eyeing the remaining spiraling paths they would be going around later.

"Yeah. I wonder what awaits us in the end of the spiral..."

It's their 328th day adventuring in this world, lonely and cold, silent and very very liminal. So far, it's just been the two of them, traveling around and picking up things they never knew the name and use of, but thanks to Yunho who read a lot of books, they get to use them properly.

"Why'd you pick that up?"

Yunho sighs, looking through the motorbike mirror as Mingi reached down to pick up something small and shiny on the ground.

"We could use it somehow, I think."

Mingi says as he sits back and examines the button looking thing he just picked up.
Yunho huffs,

"You're just wasting our storage space with those useless things, mingi-ya"

Mingi frowns,

"What do you mean? We could definitely use this someday."

He says, before putting the small button on their storage that is almost full with most of the things he picked up on the streets.

Something that they definitely don't know though, is how the world became silent and empty. One day, they were at school, then suddenly, they weren't allowed to go home for months, then suddenly they were taken into a short journey somewhere they don't know, then, before they were dropped off, they were told that a war is happening. But when they woke up after being dropped of somewhere like a run down building, it was just the two of them with the Kettenkrad. Everything was quiet, parts of buildings and cars and some loaded guns were scattered on the ground, covered in thick snow.