Special Chapter: Possible Future Event

A/N: I just needed a break from writing the main story for a chapter. Just so no one is confused, this is a time jump to when Arthur and Sylvie are taken to Epheotus to train. This may or may not be a scene that happens in the future ;)

Sylvie POV:

It was the first night here, but they are already throwing a party for my return. Even though some look at me like I'm a disgrace for some reason, they keep their mouths shut in fear of Grandfather. I'm glad they're kept in order because of him, but it makes it feel like they are hiding a multitude of things from me and even each other. Art, however, seems to be taking the brunt of all the slander. Since I'm the only one here who sees him for who and what he truly is, no one is giving him any sort of respect even though he's going to be fighting this war practically for them.

I'm already missing him even though we've only been separated for a few short hours. Once they announced the party they brought me to a room to find something suitable to wear and took him to another room to do the same. They went ahead and had several dresses already laid out, all being half sleeves and primarily white with golden designs on them. None of them fit my taste, though I really liked the dress that I could make out of my scales, I felt that it suited me more than a bright color. I made my way over to the door and poked my head out where the maids said they'd be.

"Excuse me, are there any more dresses I could look at," I asked, not fully poking my head out.

"If you check the closet, there should be more in there. They all have been enchanted so that they will fit you better once you put it on, so don't worry about the sizes." One of the maids answered, looking towards the door and smiling.

I closed the door and walked over to the closet, and opened it. It wasn't anything marvelous like I would've thought. It was a small closet that only had room to hang clothes, "I would've thought it'd be a walk-in closet." I mumbled. As I pushed dresses to the left, I gave them all a moment's look before moving on to the next one. I was almost through all the dresses when I stopped. The dress I was looking at was a sleeveless dress that was light grey in color. I slightly laugh but pull it out and hold it up to me in front of the mirror that was on the inside door of the closet.

It was plainer than the other dresses, but for me, it was exactly what I wanted. On one hand, it was close enough to black that I thought it looked good on me. Now that my horns are showing again, it being a lighter shade of grey makes my horns pop out a bit more. On the other hand, it was a reminder of where my bond came from, where my...Before my thoughts could go anymore, there was a knock at the door.

"Lady Sylvie, the party is about to begin." One of the maids said without opening the door.

I guess I'll just have to go with this dress. Let's knock him back to his old life.

________________________

Arthur POV:

I was in what seemed to be a ballroom that had decorations strewn about. They looked like they hadn't been taken down but were still in good condition. It was a large room that you'd find in some fantasy world. Well, I guess this is actually a fantasy world. On one side of the room set a massive pair of double doors, and across from it on the other side was a staircase that led into a split off to the right and left. Pillars lined the side of the room, with one side being lined with food and drinks. I'm not sure about whoever one here is, but I was told the clan heads and some of their younger kids who would also be about our age would be attending.

However, since everyone here sees me as a lesser, they've been ignoring me and waiting to see Sylv, who would one day come to rule this land. The stone face I had been making since I got here cracked a little at the thought of not being able to see her. I looked up just in time to see Windsom walking over to me. I straightened myself up and put on the usual smile I'd wear when dealing with nobles.