Finally Confessing pt.1

Growing up it was always the same. A 24 hour recap would go like this, wake up, call Mason to get ready for school, go to school with Mason, go home with Mason to hang out, and then send Mason on his way so I can go to bed. Mason was always there, no matter what. It didn't matter if he was sick because then I would check in after school to see him. It didn't matter if we were mad at each other because we would always make up in the end. It's always "Jess and Mason", "Mason and Jess", so why am I so mad that he kissed me?

It wasn't a bad kiss. If anything it was by far the best kiss I've ever had and that's saying a lot coming from a guy who had 5 girlfriends within the past 3 years of Highschool. The last one being a girl I actually loved. Emilia.

Emilia was everything to me, still is, so it definitely fucking sucked when I saw her drunk trying to make out with my best friend. Since the beginning of I and Emilia's relationship Mason warned me of her wandering eyes, but I just thought he was jealous. Jealous of the fact that after middle school I was finally seen as attractive. Mason was always the "Hot friend" while I was a brace face with endless zits. I didn't hate him, I could never actually hate him. He was my best friend. He is my best friend. That I care about to this day, so why am I in my room contemplating that kiss?

It was right after the graduation party at my house. Mason comes from a long line of rich dicks who think that having money means being better than everyone else. So all of our festivities would go down in my house, because my parents and I are known to have "greeting card energy" or so that's what Mason always says. My whole side of the family had came to congratulate me and Mason for making it into UCLA together.

Due to coming from a lower class household I didn't want to stress my family to much by accepting my non scholarship acceptance to Stanford, so when I saw that Mason got into UCLA, my safety school, I took it without even questioning my future. At least I would be with Mason.

After the party, me and Mason went up to my bedroom and decided to celebrate with a little buzz. "Are you sure about this?" I'm not saying that I'm a goody too shoes or anything, but my parents and cousins were downstairs, the last thing that I wanted was for them to know that I like it when vodka burns my throat. "Jess, when have I ever not been sure" Mason began poring the forbidden water in my South Park Kenny mug. Mason passed me my drink and I immediately downed it, like I had been dehydrated for days. "Whoa there buddy, relax." Mason eyed me with concern, but knew it wasn't anything serious. "Sorry, I just really need this. I overheard Emilia talking shit about me at lunch." I looked out the window searching for the brightest star. "I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm still sorry about-" I cut him off "Stop that. Seriously it's not your fault." Mason looked at me with apologetic eyes as I downed another cup.

It was getting late and Mason was on his 6th shot while I lost count and was watching the Bubble Guppies.

I was getting thirsty and wanted a cup of water, so Mason helped me down the staircase. "SHHHHHHHHHH" Mason took his pointer finger and pressed it against my lips. "I'm trying to be quiet, *snort* but all of this just reminds me of that one time *hiccup*" Mason and I paused to look at each other and started laughing to the point where we toppled over and fell on the ground. "Jesus Jess, you weigh like 1000 pounds." "Literally shut the duck up, you look like a 1000 pounds." Mason looked at me and began tickling behind my ear. "Hahaha *snort* stop it or I'm literally gonna haha bite your finger." Mason took a that as a challenge and continued tickling me and so I took his finger and bit it. " AHHHH CHARLIE BIT MY FINGER!" Mason screamed in a British accent. "Is everything alright down there?!" My mom called out.

Mason and I panicked and struggled to respond. "Yeah- Yeah mom we um, we're fine right Mason?!" I looked at Mason in panic for him to respond. "Yes Mrs. Tucker were great!" The silence felt like it was never going to end until finally my mom replied,"Ok if you guys say so, make sure you two go to bed, goodnight." "GOODNIGHT MOM!" "YEAH GOODNIGHT MRS. TUCKER!" I genuinely don't know why we yelled out our responses but we did and with that all that was left was me and Mason on the floor looking into each others eyes. "You really bit my finger you prick" Mason looked at his now slimy pointer and rubbed it on my shirt. "I told you I would, so I don't know why you're surprised." I pushed Mason off of me and made my way to the kitchen to clench my thirst.