MY SUMMER

Summer. One of the four seasons full of carelessness and vitality, a time that satisfies the thirst of so many resentful people and returns the lost youth. On such days I proudly touch the sun and the blue sky without the slightest difficulty because that's when everything stops. Obligations are put in the trunk, and secrets are covered with sand. The sun gently caresses the flesh as the sea water washes away the tension of winter. On those days, I find old friends and loved ones, write fairy tales and fulfill lustful fantasies.

This summer was dedicated to me. I erased worries and thoughts. Difficulties and awkward people. It was mine, shared with people who entered the ship with me, bound for the islands' mad conquests and the moon's course.

We ended up in a place where crowds of couples made love before us. Every beach is a memory of intense love. So many lovers left their marks. We discovered paradises on Earth with guides the isolated paths. We forgot broken hearts and fell in love at sunset. The body burned between the rainbow colors, and the lips dried in salt water.

And somewhere there, I met him. He came unexpectedly, like a wish from some story. A man that so many female tourists are looking for, to fill the summer with memories and hot seaside moments. Unforgettable. The sunburnt body appeared in the sun, his smile foreshadowing the others, his eyes searching my imagination. His strong arms held me on the island's streets and hid me in his arms every night.

So, he came, like soft summer caressing my hair with a breath from his eyes, a secret "we" exchanged silently between groans. I discovered his warmth under the sun, with a promise to meet again. In the dark, I would touch him in sweat as the rhythmic rocking orchestrated the wind that visited the nights. In the mornings, kisses greeted the body, and the vacation days began again with different stops and destinations.

Summer is over, and the holidays have come to an end. The episode was written, and the wave is no longer washed away. The boat fished dreams written in the sand, and the moon gathered in the evenings. I had to part with him. His image remained an indelible memory of that summer when I found all the love together.

I left you on the island. See you next summer.

Created by Diana Chemeris

https://dianachem.com/2023/08/10/my-summer/