My Little Kitten

"Sayaka, dear, what's got you making that expression? A bout of distress?"

Sayaka briefly glanced up to see Kirari standing in the doorway of her bedroom, a large, lavish space with a luxurious bed sitting in between two windows that, when the curtains were drawn, presented the luminous moon outside. A full moon, just like the night Sayaka had nearly lost everything after losing to Yumeko in the Tower of Doors.

Kirari noticed the shift in Sayaka's demeanor, a light yet audible chuckle passing between her blue lips. "I know that look. Are you thinking about Yumeko Jabami?"

Sayaka sighed, frustrated as she struggled to contain her jealousy. "You have so much in common with her! She's just like you."

"Do you think you have competition?" asked Kirari. "You have nothing to worry about. Miss Jabami is crazy, you know." She made her way over to the vanity, gazing at herself in the mirror curiously. "Then again, so am I."

"Kirari--"

"What else is giving you stress, Sayaka?" Kirari interjected, spinning around to face her companion.

Sayaka gazed at the stack of papers in her lap, placing two fingers on her forehead as if it would magically dissipate the headache that had been hindering her. "There are so many of these financial reports to do. I'll get them done, but it's overwhelming me. I--I'm sorry if I'm not living up to your expectations--"

"Don't be silly," said Kirari, stepping over to the bed and lifting the stack of papers from where they sat on Sayaka's warm thighs. "I can finish them for you."

"Thank you, but I can do it. It's my responsibility," Sayaka claimed.

Kirari's lips twitched into a small smile as her eyes narrowed only a small sliver. "Come on, dear, don't overwork yourself. I know you can do these reports, but I don't want it to stress you out. Besides, I need to find more things to do in addition to watching over my aquarium . I'll do these tomorrow at breakfast."

"I can help," Sayaka offered. "If you'll have me tomorrow."

"Would you like to spend the night?" asked Kirari, lifting her chin while keeping her eyes downcast, appearing confident and dominating as her crystal blue irises stared into Sayaka's dull, deep-ocean ones. Kirari always had a way about her, radiating power and authority without trying. It was only natural for her, and good god was she smoldering. "I have something we could do to ease your mind and perhaps relieve some of that tension and stiffness in your muscles. I can see your discomfort," she said, and though Sayaka knew what Kirari was implying, this was all still too new to Sayaka.

"A-Are you sure?" she found herself questioning. "If you'd only be doing so to please me --"

"My dear, darling Sayaka, pleasing you pleases me. Don't assume I'd be simply doing you a favor. I'm not that kind of woman." For how long she had spent around the President, always standing close beside her, Sayaka would never begin to think she knew everything about the woman. Kirari was full of surprises, always hiding an ace up her sleeve. Of course she wouldn't be doing anyone favors. She has dozens of people kissing the ground beneath her feet, begging for a moment of her attention, and not once do they think they're being oppressed in any way.