A Prologue

This,

This is where I fucked up.

There were no clothes, no bed sheets, and a thick silence in the room. Only thing at grasp was a worn out pillow and the strings of moonlight entering through the open window. It was 4:32 AM, but, at that moment I didn't know the time, which is the exact reason why I fucked up.

How can someone who makes a living out of traveling through time not know his current timestamp? Well, that should give you an idea on how much of a selfless idiot I am. Rule #1 of time recording-never forget your timestamp.

At the time, that was probably the least of my problems-That little devilish adventure of mine was surely the definition of crime itself. And to top it all off, five S.T.R. agents were already thirty minutes away from my location.

So I shifted, I turned, and I tried to move, but failed all three times. My common sense was telling me to leave and abandon her and everything I had built but the warm nude body of the cause of all my problems prevented me from doing so.

Yep, there she was.

The most beautiful and amazing piece of crap the century could come up with.

I remember looking at her while she slept on me and feeling a jab of sadness. This one girl had turned my life upside down and given a big smile to it and now I was about to lose her forever.

Emotions were never really big on me... I was raised with people always telling me that my only purpose on life was to study, work, and provide for the population and I never really understood of something different from that because I never even knew there was any other option.

But this girl...

This fucking girl.

This girl reeducated me without saying a single word. This girl turned on my emotions and for her safety I was now about to turn them off once again.

So I did.

And I officially hate myself for doing so but I simply gave her one last kiss and left the motel room. No words, no notes, nothing. She still slept -completely unaware of anything. I checked the time, 4:53 AM, and I waited.

Five minutes, it's June of 1977.

Ten minutes, it's April of 2089.

I lost two things that morning-my smile, and the one person who could bring it back.