[ 31. b-team bellas ]

| y/n's pov |

AS I SAT at the bar with the rest of my friends, already sipping my second drink of the night, I realised I hadn't gone out for drinks or anything fun in months.

"You know, we could just start singing right now." Stacie spoke up in the silence. "Lilly could lay down a beat."

Lilly came up from behind the bar and handed Beca a drink.

"We already look like the B-team Bellas." Beca grumbled. "I say we cut our losses."

"You guys!" Emily came running over. "You guys, I am so sorry. I realize I should not have used the word 'reunion.' I should have said that it was an excuse to see each other. I really didn't think that out. I'm sorry."

"No, no, no. You guys were so great." Chloe said. "And this was a really nice chance for us to get together. Right ladies?"

"Yeah, sure." Fat Amy seemed to force the words out, as did the rest of us.

"Oh, yes."

"Yeah."

"Totally."

"Oh, yes, really great."

"Thank you so much." Aubrey sipped her drink.

I guessed none of us really liked being there.

"I was supposed to go to my brother's wedding," Flo told Emily. "But this is nice, too."

"Bellas, a toast." Chloe held up her glass and I started on my third drink. The idea of a toast made a few of the others excited. Chloe started to cry as she continued. "To the most amazing group of women I have ever known."

Amy, Cynthia Rose and Flo all started cheering but Chloe went on, still in tears.

"I would do anything to sing with you guys again. Anything! I mean really I could just crap myself!"

We all watched silently as Chloe drank.

"Cheers." We were much less enthusiastic as we clinked glasses and I quickly downed the rest of my drink.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait." Aubrey spoke quickly as I got my fourth drink from the bartender. "I'm having a crazy idea. Okay, I've mentioned that my dad is in the Army and, like, basically killed Osama Bin Laden, right?"

"Some new information in that sentence, but okay." Beca took a sip of her drink.

"Well, what I mean is, he's kind of a big deal in the Army. And every year, the USO puts on this performance to entertain and support the troops. And this year, DJ Khaled is hosting. He's got, like, a gazillion hit songs, and he's super famous. I saw him on a tax commercial."

Gross.

The Khaled thing, not the tax commercial.

"What if I could get us an invite?" Aubrey suggested.

"To sing?" Chloe asked and I sipped my drink.

"No, to run military dark ops." Aubrey spoke sarcastically. "Yes, of course to sing."

Everyone, except for Lilly, seemed happy about that.