Chapter One

"You failed me again, Akaza. Do I need to reconsider your place in the world?"

The room was silent. The smell of fear was at all corners. Eyes didn't blink, and the painful silence was so loud ears felt they'd exploded.

"Well?" His voice broke the silence. It was calm yet filled with hatred and anger.

'I don't know what to say...Is he going to kill me? Oh God...'

"I am your God. Do not make the mistake of misunderstanding your place. You are below ME, and you serve ME. You obey ME. One more mistake and it will be worse than death."

"Y-yes Master Muzan," The Uppermoon stumbled over his words, trembling from head to toe.

Muzan threw his hand through the air, and the Uppermoons face was deeply cut.

"All of you are Uppermoons. You haven't had to be replaced in centuries. But I can change that. Bring me the Blue Spider Lily. You will put that over all. Over your life. I will not hesitate to eliminate all of you." Muzan turned to face nothing but a wall, them walked off.

'he didn't kill me? But I didn't get...I ... I don't understand! I should be dead? He was supposed to kill me.'

Muzan slumped in a chair, reading a chapter about the Blue Spider Lily. He'd read it thousands of times. Millions even. He had lived for so long, and this was his main goal. It made his stomach wrench and his head split. He always found that perculiar as he is the Demon King.

However, he had no one to tell, as he was the ultimate life form, making him too strong to need help; in his eyes anyway. Besides, he would never lower himself so much as to ask for help or seek advice or knowledge. That's quite lowly and pathetic.

      Muzan leaned back to close the curtains. He shifted his chair into the shade, as daylight began to break, longing for the day he gets to walk through the doors and into the sun. He stared longingly into space but when a knock on the door came into hearing, he snapped out instantly.

     Walking over to the door, he braced himself to conversate. He just wanted to lie down. No slumber however. Even if drousiness came upon him, he should not and would not sleep. He opened the door, and was greeted formally by Uppermoon One, Kokushibou.
       "Master Muzan," Kokushibou knelt at the door, head down.

        "Get up." Muzan spat.
Kokushibou did as he asked.
"Have I done you wrong, Master?"

"No." Muzan tried not to sigh, but failed miserably, "You do not need to bow every time you see me. Now, what is it you need?"

"I have killed the Mist Hashira."
Muzan looked pleased at the news of the murder.

"Excellent." He responded, a little late. Suddenly his headache and stomach pain hit like a brick. He groaned slightly.

"Master...Muzan?" Uppermoon One stared confused, not knowing how to respond.

"I'm fine..." Muzan stabled himself once again. And his vision fixated. No longer was he looking at two people. Just one.

"Master Muzan." Kokushibou spoke softer than he usually did.

"What is it?"

"You look tired, Muzan."

"...," Muzan didn't respond. Kokushibou had called him just Muzan, and he didn't even flinch. Uppermoon One's voice was very soft. He was debating what to say. He decided on, "Nonsense. Demons don't get tired. I am the Demon King. Don't you dare forget that."

Kokushibou placed a hand on Muzan's shoulder.

"No, you don't understand... You look drained, Muzan."

Muzan stood staring at him for a while. Suddenly he is confused. His breath became shallow. He started trying to breathe but it wasn't working. He was very confused on why this was happening to him. The Demon King.

Kokushibou embraced him suddenly, and put Muzans head against his chest," match my breathing, okay?"

Muzan was disgusted at his weak attitude, but he didn't want to be like the much longer, so, he obliged.

Slowly his breathing came down. He realized he was crying and attempted to wipe them away. But they kept forming. Kokushibou hadn't noticed the tears. He became confused and fustrated. He hadn't cried in centuries. It felt almost soothing. But he didn't want anyone to see him sooth his sorrows through crying. No. He wiped his eyes and blinked alot. The tears were gone, but he really wanted to let them out.

He pulled away from Kokushibou, "Be gone."

Kokushibou thought of saying something but instead obliged and walked off.

Muzan proceeded to his room and sobbed. Hard.