Speaking Now

When a street dog jogs towards you while you are walking to your workplace, it takes much care than you- not to bump on you, turning slightly from the straight path it is running on. It always run with such passion in it's eyes towards something. Have you ever wondered where it is heading to?!

I do. Because I always wonder why I don't have that vision in my life.

But I had one dream. That is to become the best version of myself before I turn 22 and sing Taylor's 22 all year like the world is not watching. I always wanted to sing these lines -

Yeah, we're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time
It's miserable and magical, oh yeah
Tonight's the night when we forget about the deadlines
It's time, oh-oh
I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22

Yes. I'm happy, free, confused, lonely. It is miserable.....and magical? I doubt that. Being 22 is weird. I imagined it to be different than what I'm experiencing.
At times I'm like Rachael Green of 21st century.

'Everyone is getting married or pregnant or promoted. And I'm getting coffee. And it's not even for me!'

By the way, I'm Taylor.
From Nashville, the music city. Don't judge my taste in music please. And I'm not Taylor Swift neither charming like her. Well, except the blond hair, the only thing that is common between us. I look up to her, of course. When she was twenty two, she released Speak Now and was on her World tour.

While all I do is to watch Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern on Discovery and taking the strange decision of speaking for myself now.

The hardest thing to decide is what to talk about? If I were a high school kid, I can share about my high school crushes and how I tried to catch their attention. It might be a tale of a sassy girl who seems to care about nothing, but observes everything. If I were married, I can talk about my love and my kids, or plans on having kids....my new cooking recipes, managing life as a working mother, etc, etc. Or if I were a so called on the top ideal woman, I can write tips on being successful and may be a self help book. I can say something that interests you or useful to you, only if I'm 'something'. Hence, at the end, this book is about nothing written by a nothing.

This is Taylor Scott. Welcome to my uninteresting life.